Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be wrong here but I seem to remember the view from my rear camera not have quite so much of the boot lid in it. I think its moved and so now there is a big bit at the bottom of the screen showing the boot itself. Am I imagining things? Does your rear cam have a similar view or has mine moved a little?

Heres a link to the pic:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=d0da2bf09fd4dab5&resid=D0DA2BF09FD4DAB5!512&parid=D0DA2BF09FD4DAB5!156&authkey=!AN-FUm2JEnpeovc

·
Registered
52 Posts
In reverse camera, if you touch the screen you can get different angles of the rear. You may have set it on a different angle. worth checking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried the different views, of which I did not know about until your post, but thats not the cause. Does anyone else's reverse cam have the same view of the body?

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can zoom in and out on this, looks like yours has zoomed out. Easy to get back.Doing a blog on my SD4 Dynamic 5 dooron twitter #evoqroadwarrior please feel free to follow

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, my expericence with the rear camera is that it starts up really slow. When visible on the screen, I havealready reversed the car 3- meters. It starts up far to late!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'll agree with that. My previous Ford Flex also had a slow starting camera. It's a bit annoying to have to wait before the picture pops up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
flying-low said:
I may be wrong here but I seem to remember the view from my rear camera not have quite so much of the boot lid in it. I think its moved and so now there is a big bit at the bottom of the screen showing the boot itself. Am I imagining things? Does your rear cam have a similar view or has mine moved a little?

Mine has suddenly done exactly the same. Did you ever resolve this problem?

·
Registered
208 Posts
luvlyjubly said:
Hi

Was there a solution to this? Mine's started showing much more of the bumper than before.

Thanks

I don't think anyone has taken a car back to the dealers for this, but I will be doing soon and will raise this along with some other minor issues.

I went on an Experience Day yesterday, and the Evoque I used there also had the same view of the boot in reverse, although some Evoque owners report that they can't see it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is still doing this and i see no options for zoom settings as the poster above says. Going in soon for something else so will ask.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am glad it's not just happened to me! I have booked mine in at my dealer this Sat coming. The way the service reception spoke when I booked it in yesterday, this is not the first they have dealt with..... I am assuming that the camera has been shaken loose/off line when closing the tailgate. will report back.
Otherwise the car is great, though I am having to clean the blue off my seats each week, a consequence of cream leather & wearing demin too much!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Took mine back and they told me it's meant to be like that and to expect some variance between cameras. I had a look at another and there wasn't as much of the boot showing. They told me to bring it back if it changes (fobbed me off) i'll be interested if your dealers take a look and fix it.

·
Registered
824 Posts
And here we are 5 years later & I think Ive just had this 'Loose Camera' problem occur on my 2014 Dynamic today.Thought at first I hadnt shut the tailgate correctly as there was a lot of vibration in the camera footage, but from the outside everything appears all ok, so I'm guessing that the camera has come loose inside its housing somehow.

Ignore the blurred image - its very wet today & thats just water on the outside of the lens, but Ive never had that much of the rear bumper in view before - anyone else had this lately {say in the last 5 years} & how was it fixed?
Im still under warranty, but would like to hear how common this is before I give dealership a call.

·
Registered
824 Posts
restyler said:
....Im still under warranty, but would like to hear how common this is before I give dealership a call.
Can I make a plea for some kind people on here to take some pictures of the view from their reversing camera - (ideally on pre 2015 models as I think they may have changed the camera after that & their view might be slightly different)

I eventually took it to the dealers yesterday where they indeed found the camera to be loose within the housing & they had a go at fixing it - although Im not terribly happy with the fix.

In the Before & After fix shots below there is admittidly some difference, but (Suprise - Suprise), I never thought to take any shots of the view before 'it moved' which makes it a bit awkward to argue my case.

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can't see any of the bumper on ours (MY2014) before or after it had the camera replaced. I'll try and get a shot of it tomorrow if I remember.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
No bumper visible on mine (2012)- if I can get I shot sometime, I'll post it if you are still interested.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Stiff said:
....I'll try and get a shot of it tomorrow if I remember.
AndyM said:
No bumper visible on mine (2012)- if I can get I shot sometime, I'll post it if you are still interested.

Thanks - All photos much appreciated

·
Registered
283 Posts
Actually, looking at it now, it does show the bumper. I'm pretty sure it didn't before it was replaced though.Excuse the dust on the screen, I've not cleaned it in a while

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
A section of the bumper was always in view on mine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi ,

Off topic but you mentioned dye transfer.
I have cream leather but got the seats treated with Dr Leather Dye block and had no problems ever since , maybe worth a try.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts