Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2016 Evoque SD4 goes in on Wednesday for a new camera and I have been told that if it is due to damp or water then the warranty will not cover it and I will have to pay for everything! My wife and I bought two of these in March of this year and mine didn't even have 5000 miles on it so I won't be too impressed if I have to pay for it. These are supposed to be prestige cars designed for all sorts of terrain and yet the camera can't even survive a little bit of rain or damp! At the moment it has cleared again but it shouldn't be happening. Reading these comments it's a bit worrying that it can happen all over again and I may have to pay again!

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Utter nonsense, item/car not fit for purpose-unless you have NO warrenty then you are covered, dealers do not like adverse publicity in the local papers!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I decided to check my wife’s yesterday and hers has gone the same way now so I’m guessing that it must be all the damp in the air, that says to me the camera is not fit for purpose. Ironically my car goes in tomorrow and the camera has cleared itself! However I will still put it in. Both cars were purchased in March and came with a Land Rover Approved Car warranty on them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
£300 plus labour but after I argued about it they knocked it down to half price and I’ve had to pay £220 Including fitting! I’ve spoken to Land Rover customer services and they say that there is nothing they can do about it! Sadly I think this will be my first and my last Range Rover, and we were let down by customer services. Back to my previous dealer! ☹😡

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes somehow I guessed you might be! 😂😂 I appreciate the discount that the dealer has given me however I still think they be better quality than that.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
A gallon pf petrol and a rag would do the trick-that would sharpen the Dealers attention-(allegedly)
Are you talking the car or dealership Maffy?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Collected it yesterday and they gave me 50% discount while pointing out the left rear light unit has got water in it! I thought these were built to go anywhere! Not happy at all!☹☹

·
Registered
11 Posts
I rang Land Rover again today and expressed my displeasure once more and this time I was actually met with a bit more sympathy and they gave me a case number and the gentleman said they will review my case. I am certainly beginning to think that Land Rovers do not like water! Should I hold my breath or might that be a bad idea?

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Land Rovers are not designed to be used off tarmac. Only use on sunny days, driving round supermarket car parks. Other than that keep in a heated, air conditioned garage, up on blocks & covered with a tarpaulin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had a call from Land Rover today and it seems that I should just accept these things. I tried to explain that when I bought my Evoque I expected a little bit more and that eight months down the road I wasn’t going to start spending hundreds of pounds on it even though it was three years old when I bought it with only 5000 miles on the clock! Apparently that’s unreasonable!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Job sorted, my salesman Jonny Hudson to the rescue, he has arranged for me to have another light fitted now FOC! 🤗🤗

·
Registered
11 Posts
It certainly was! 😃👍🏻 I’m a bit worried about your username, my surname is Clay but you’re not going to bust me! 😂😂

21 - 40 of 42 Posts