Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after getting a replacement fitted a few weeks ago the new one has gone the same way as the previous one, and the same as others, all foggy/condensation on the inside.

I waited until it was washed car properly today and still all cloudy so not impressed. No idea if this is just due to the damp and cold conditions, along with the stupid place to have a camera fitted, but not happy.

I don't use the camera all the time but whats the point in having it if not working properly. I was due to take it back in to dealers anyway in the new year as they had left a screw inside door panel from last time so it rattles about when i open the boot.

I know its a minor issue compared to others but still bloody annoying as dealers is 55 miles away

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
yep mine was fixed and have to admit am still not happy although better than it was.... I've found a couple of other faults and need a recall so got it all booked in for beg Jan they can do them all at once...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah a bit of a pain having to go back in again. When it was replaced it was brilliant and so clear, but now back to what it was before. Feel sorry ( just a little bit though) for dealers as they are left with all the crap to sort out with LR obviously using cheap parts, or not being fussy enough with final checks before releasing cars.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Had my car in October - replaced camera about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I can see it getting worse, to the extent that in another few weeks it will be fogged up again.
It's a pain in the backside!
I've got to a point of not using it - but it's a feature of the car - so it should be useable.
But what's the point sending it back to have another crap camera fitted!
But if it gets any worse, which I know it will, then it's going back again....
So i'm with you John 1974......rubbishy camera on what seems only to be the MY 16 models?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Oh, Spidey, TG it's not just me - I've had it from the start, but when I collected PI, it was dark, and was trying to take in all the MY16 changes. The camera is awful- and when the silly season that is Xmas is over, I'm taking it back to Pentland to get it sorted. And I've got a passenger door rattle! Grrrrr!

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is out of order. How can LR make sure an error? They pride themselves on being prestige yet install rubbish cameras. Perhaps those of you with the problem need to do a joint complaint and mention watchdog. It would be interesting to hear LR reaction. There is a LR rep in this forum. Perhaps message him first with the issue.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
My dealer has been brilliant and no quibble replacement.
But in the new year I shall go back and have another one fitted but it worries me that they just don't have a replacement camera that is good enough!
Be interesting what they say when I ask for another replacement!
Something tells me LR have done a cost cutting exercise, got a new supplier on cameras for MY16 as they don't seem to be a problem on previous models......
It's a small problem that niggling and I know there are a lot of other forumers with much more major problems but it's still not good enough.....after all, today's technology......its just a camera....they should be able to get it right. ??

Question for RYAN could be - have they changed supplier?
Is this the issue?
Don't think LR would divulge the answer.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I agree Spider, look like they have tried to take cost out and caused themselves a bigger Quality and customer dissatisfaction issue!!!When will OEMs ever learn!!
If they need to do a design change I suspect it will be @ 6 months before new camera design are available - assuming they come from far east which is where my guess they would

Look like the quick fix countermeasure hasn't worked

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
This is typical example of "and ok I'm guessing here" manufacturers finding a U.K. Supplier and then off to China for cheaper product. In my trade I hear it every day.....I stopped supplying automotive for this reason......cost downs every year and wanting me to match Far East price but not allowed to supply Far East quality, nor would I want to.....
Suppliers forced to reduce prices whilst buyers pay increases price for product......it's the way of the world I'm afraid....LR will of course deny this......but as an ex-supplier to the automotive......I know it's how they work....
There are certain things you shouldn't compromise on.....these cameras are pennies......it costs more to install them!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will get it replaced again when i get round to contacting them but a bit of a hassle. I don't really know what the issue but probably just cheap parts not built to stand our wet and cold winters !!! It was perfect and really clear when i got the replacement and started using it more again, but now it useless. even though mines is a lease car I'm going to make a complaint about it and see what they come up with....maybe a free umbrella or something

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Lol.
Question for you - do you use jet wash on rear......they say this causes seals to leak but come on......it's an exterior camera - that should be a sealed unit if it's an issue !
Doing my head in as each time I take it in I have to remove the Philskill gizmo.....I'm thinking of just leaving it on.....it's a small niggle and taking nothing away from those with major problems but it's still a niggle

·
Registered
348 Posts
I agree with all the comments above, sadly I am also suffering with an unusable camera, mine has less that 100 miles on the clock and has yet to be washed or driven in the rain it has just sat on the drive. Very poor LR.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when they replaced it the last time they said they used a lot of sealer to make sure it didn't let in water, but i think the issue is from the actual lens itself. its either not sealed well, or a crap glass lens that its getting condensation. Will see what they say when i take it in next week but it will just be replaced with the same inferior quality camera as before

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
mine I can see out of so that'll do for me .... till it really mists up then I'll complain

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is fitted with surround cameras all of which are foggy had replacements on two cameras lasted a week ,so far 678 miles from new asked local dealership to contact me when RR have sorted the problem .My wifes SI 4 3 years old still perfect no problems at all. I traded in my year old RRS for the evoque and prefer the evoque in spite of the camera problems . Nice to know its not just mine ,come on land rover get that finger out.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I have the others and they all fine ... haven't checked in white might double check that hmmm but they were fine Tyler :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im planning on visiting dealer early next week as in area. If they are just going to replace with same again then no point as same will just happen. This week with the rain and now hard frost the camera is back just like looking into thick fog so totally useless and impossible to reply on.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
+1 there John1974

·
Registered
3 Posts
With reference to my last comments on reversing cameras not working I returned yet again as hoped to the dealership asked if any resolution had been made on the subject,service manager did not really believe me when I told him of the comments on our site [ internet complainers will say anything ] I pointed out that our Club is populated by owners that love Evoques and that if they had a toothpaste they would use it.However on this visit he had just received a call from another owner with the same problem at which point we decided to wait for LR to sort it out ,my suggestion that he should contact them was dismissed they had to wait for LR .On returning home I had customer satisfaction survey and a contact Paula Brown on 01926 691842 she did not know of the problem but said the correct procedure is for dealers to contact LR she would contact mine and the technical dept, and come back to me I will keep you posted but get dialling that number.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts