Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie to the forum.

Looking for for help with my reverse camera for my 2015 evoque dynamic SD4.

Got an alarm on the dash ‘camera system fault’ last week. Took the camera out and opened it up to find it’s badly corroded inside. I reckon the camera is knackered so
I purchased a new one from eBay. Just tried to connect the new one today but won’t go together due to there being a very slight difference in the plugs. I’ve read things hear and there about being differences in these cameras. I can’t seem to source a camera which has the same plug as my original. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
Paul

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,953 Posts

Got an alarm on the dash ‘camera system fault’ last week. Took the camera out and opened it up to find it’s badly corroded inside. I reckon the camera is knackered so
I purchased a new one from eBay. Just tried to connect the new one today but won’t go together due to there being a very slight difference in the plugs. I’ve read things hear and there about being differences in these cameras. I can’t seem to source a camera which has the same plug as my original. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
Paul
Sorry I cant help but there was something about the differences a while back on the forums. I’m sure if you look back you’ll find it or failing that someone will be along to help :smile_big:

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,371 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts

Thanks,
Paul
I take it that you took the part number printed on your faulty camera?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys!

Yeah it’s GJ32-19G590-BC, I can’t find any with that similar code. They all seem to start with either FW93 or CPLA. These ones don’t seem to fit as the plugs are ever so slightly different.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Makes sense as there are 2 cameras for the 2015 model.
This is possibly down to the fact that LR had issues in 2015/16 with cameras fogging up and replaced them with a newer version.
Wasn’t aware the fitting was different though.
As a short term fix some were fitted with an outside casing with 2 holes drilled in the bezel to allow airfow.
This was then changed to a proper camera housing once issue was sorted.
So it may not be worth replacing with a like for like as that could be replacing a bad camera with another bad camera Pre issue being resolved and could possibly go again.
If it were me, I’d be popping it back to LR dealer for a price....don’t replace dodgy camera with another dodgy camera.....

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I'd be popping back to dealer and asking for a bit of good will outside of warranty seeing as fogging cameras was a known issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the help guys!

Yeah it’s GJ32-19G590-BC, I can’t find any with that similar code. They all seem to start with either FW93 or CPLA. These ones don’t seem to fit as the plugs are ever so slightly different.
Did you get anywhere with LR? I have the same problem with a 2015 model with camera GJ32-19G590. I tried to fit the other camera but as stated it has a slightly different fitting.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I’m working in hospital at mo just on quick break but I’m sure Sadie has a thread about 3 weeks ago similar problem if you can’t find it I’m sure someone will be along shortly if not I will look later😁

·
Super Moderator
13,371 Posts

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Super Moderator
13,371 Posts
That one Donna ?

Reactions: 9492

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Doh! XZ4 quicker on the draw than me AGAIN !!!! 😂

Reactions: 9492 and XZ4

·
Super Moderator
8,953 Posts
I’ve been looking back through too! 😀

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
We actually picked different threads anyway, just realised 😁

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Thanks guys can’t check ...busy girl and some of the rooms I’m in are coated with lead so signal not great 😂😂😜

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I have a helmet like that, so the government can’t see what I’m thinking 🤔

1 - 20 of 30 Posts