Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice please!
I have just purchased a 2011 Evoque, the reversing camera isn’t working, complete black screen!
(A cheap 2nd aftermarket camera has been fitted previous to my ownership, which uses its own screen in the mirror)

Have checked and cleaned the connections in the camera and have just fitted a new camera, but still no luck!

No fault appears on the small screen (next to speedo), fault does appear when camera is removed!
which would seem to me that power is going to the camera

Any help would be appricated

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,601 Posts
Is it a dynamic model? My one is and the early cameras are bloody expensive - £360 ish. when my reversing camera packed up, I just swapped it with the one in my drivers side mirror - I never use the 360 cameras so I still have three more spares!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a dynamic model? My one is and the early cameras are bloody expensive - £360 ish. when my reversing camera packed up, I just swapped it with the one in my drivers side mirror - I never use the 360 cameras so I still have three more spares!
Its a prestige model, only have one camera at the rear, can get camera for £95 from You are being redirected...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Re ''A cheap 2nd aftermarket camera has been fitted previous to my ownership, which uses its own screen in the mirror''

That's not a revering camera It's JLR “ClearSight Rear View Mirror” You flick the lever under the mirror to switch between normal mirror or ClearSight Rear View Mirror, the adjustment controls are under the lower edge of the mirror.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,793 Posts
...That's not a revering camera It's JLR “ClearSight Rear View Mirror” ...
The OP has a 2011 Evoque, so I'm guessing that's not the case :)

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,371 Posts
That wasn't available prior to the MY20 model Mike.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Good point 😕

Reactions: XZ4
1 - 7 of 7 Posts