Evoque Owners Club banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
Evoque 2016 SE Tech Santorini Black
33 Posts
Yes I did take some pictures during the install and a bit of video after especially to show you! The most difficult part was feeding the wires up out of the tailgate and round down to the rear fuse board. I took Marks tip and made sure it all worked before routing the wires! I would still be interested in knowing how Mark ran his wires! There are basically 2 thick wires that would normally be run up through the rubber trunking in the top left corner of the tailgate. We used a flexible rod with the wire (and connectors) attached to it!

The instructions are a bit basic but everything is plug and play, unlike the gesture box that came with the kit but requires wiring into the existing loom........ something for another weekend, if I feel the need!!

The finished job is actually excellent and it opens and closes from either the front button (already fitted) the new internal rear button, the external opening button and the key fob. It makes one little bleep as it starts to close and another when closed. The suction closer works brilliantly and although I haven't checked out how any factory fitted ones close, I can't imagine it can be any quieter!

Gavlenko...... definitely give it a go! You won't be disappointed!!

I will try to assemble picks and video this next week :)

·
Registered
2021 Model D 165 S in Portofino Blue, only extras are the full leather steering wheel and spare.
1,542 Posts
Thanks Miranda - it's almost like waiting for the final episode of Line of Duty :)

Reactions: Miranda

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
394 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,302 Posts
Top job, works and sounds exactly the same as our factory one, does yours have a click shut on that very last bit where it soft closes, ours didn't at first when we first got the car but that was sorted when the tailgate was realigned, now it clicks shut

Reactions: Miranda

·
Registered
MY20 P300 HSE R-Dynamic
110 Posts
Top job, good that you got a celebratory RAF Spitfire fly past!

EDIT, just wanted to say I left YouTube playing after your video and some video came on with a guy doing 10 things he loves/hates about his new F Pace, got to say, he started it up and my god it sounded like a Massey Ferguson tractor! Just didn't sound right coming from a Jaguar.

·
Registered
2021 Model D 165 S in Portofino Blue, only extras are the full leather steering wheel and spare.
1,542 Posts
Miranda, top job and you have inspired me to go for it - I will follow suit and order this weekend (note to self ask them to say it's a gift lol). No doubt I may need to ask further questions when it arrives.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's cheaper without the gesture bit to fit..... I'm not sure how much though!
Top job, works and sounds exactly the same as our factory one, does yours have a click shut on that very last bit where it soft closes, ours didn't at first when we first got the car but that was sorted when the tailgate was realigned, now it clicks shut
Had a listen last night... yes I'd say it does click but I have never checked out a factory fitted one, so can't sat for sure it is correct!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I installed one of these last week and it’s pretty cool, HOWEVER, randomly tonight my car wouldn’t unlock and the car alarm just triggered. AA attended and my battery was completely flat!
This has not happened before now… since peeps on here have not suffered any issues I wonder if it’s something I have done… my suspicions are drawn the the location I earthed it as that the only bit I can recall from the manual is blank.. I earthed it against a proper earthing point in the spare wheel well which is just below the boot lock, something else is earthed there… is that what you guys did?

Any other tips as to what else might be wrong wolf be really greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Depends on your model year but battery can drain if connecting to OBD (eg for diagnostics) and not exiting correctly. A battery disconnect and reconnect reset will stop the drain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

I installed one of these last week and it’s pretty cool, HOWEVER, randomly tonight my car wouldn’t unlock and the car alarm just triggered. AA attended and my battery was completely flat!
This has not happened before now… since peeps on here have not suffered any issues I wonder if it’s something I have done… my suspicions are drawn the the location I earthed it as that the only bit I can recall from the manual is blank.. I earthed it against a proper earthing point in the spare wheel well which is just below the boot lock, something else is earthed there… is that what you guys did?

Any other tips as to what else might be wrong wolf be really greatly appreciated!!
Hi Joe
Sounds like you earthed it in the same place as we did. Was it locking OK for the first week? I know if it isn't locked that can cause the battery to drain (my other half is a mechanic and frequently telling me about flat battery's and non locking systems!) From what I understand it it wasn't earthed the tailgate wouldn't work and shouldn't be responsible for draining the battery. Mines been done for 3 weeks now with no issues (fingers crossed!!) Was it the same make

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice upgrade ;-) For what its worth, since Brexit all Chinese direct imports are liable for import duty and VAT and the old "its a gift" trick no longer works. Some items might make it through without catching Mr.Customs eye but there will always be a chance. Even eBay and AliExpress now tax at source for the UK which they never did when we were part of the EU (not that I want to be a part of the EU - yuk - just thought I would mention it).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice upgrade ;-) For what its worth, since Brexit all Chinese direct imports are liable for import duty and VAT and the old "its a gift" trick no longer works. Some items might make it through without catching Mr.Customs eye but there will always be a chance. Even eBay and AliExpress now tax at source for the UK which they never did when we were part of the EU (not that I want to be a part of the EU - yuk - just thought I would mention it).
Yes I did wonder whether the "gift" would have worked!! It is certainly a great upgrade and for the price, even with the tax and import duty, I still love it!! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks Miranda, so I think it was something else after all that. I did loads of you tubing and found out how to find parasitic draw, and actually it draws nothing when closed!!

I now have another issue!I plugged it back in and it’s now playing up something chronic! It closes but the lock motor doesn’t seem to draw it in properly and the boot latch will open then it will sometimes open fully and sometimes open a little bit and stop!!! It then started shutting and locking but the lock motor doesn’t draw the boot in properly and it stays slightly open but locked. It’s strange because in amongst all this, it worked perfectly twice out of about 30 cycles.

I’ve tried to look to see if I can reset it but I can’t see anything!

It might just be me (probably is I know what I’m like with tech).

mice tried unplugging the control unit but it just does it again when plugged back in… after playing around i think it’s either the lock motor or the control unit? The next thing I’m going to try it leaving it powered down and unplugged for a while then plugging it all back in as if it’s a fresh install.

Ive contacted them and will keep everyone updated but any ideas are really welcome.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes I did take some pictures during the install and a bit of video after especially to show you! The most difficult part was feeding the wires up out of the tailgate and round down to the rear fuse board. I took Marks tip and made sure it all worked before routing the wires! I would still be interested in knowing how Mark ran his wires! There are basically 2 thick wires that would normally be run up through the rubber trunking in the top left corner of the tailgate. We used a flexible rod with the wire (and connectors) attached to it!

The instructions are a bit basic but everything is plug and play, unlike the gesture box that came with the kit but requires wiring into the existing loom........ something for another weekend, if I feel the need!!

The finished job is actually excellent and it opens and closes from either the front button (already fitted) the new internal rear button, the external opening button and the key fob. It makes one little bleep as it starts to close and another when closed. The suction closer works brilliantly and although I haven't checked out how any factory fitted ones close, I can't imagine it can be any quieter!

Despite my best efforts and ages trying, I couldn't get my cables through that gromit/tubing. So I have a bit of slack and routed the cable so when the boot opens it's hidden by that thick black tubing.
Sorry for not coming back to you sooner. But work has been manic and I've not much internet recently

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Mark
Sorry I missed your reply! Glad it wasnt just me then! Looks fine and still working well! 🌝

·
Registered
5 Posts

I’ve just got one, no instructions. Only 1 piece of a4 paper for the foot sensor. Any one got the instructions how to install????!!!!!!

41 - 60 of 82 Posts