Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Evoque 2016 SE Tech Santorini Black
20 Posts
Yes I did take some pictures during the install and a bit of video after especially to show you! The most difficult part was feeding the wires up out of the tailgate and round down to the rear fuse board. I took Marks tip and made sure it all worked before routing the wires! I would still be interested in knowing how Mark ran his wires! There are basically 2 thick wires that would normally be run up through the rubber trunking in the top left corner of the tailgate. We used a flexible rod with the wire (and connectors) attached to it!

The instructions are a bit basic but everything is plug and play, unlike the gesture box that came with the kit but requires wiring into the existing loom........ something for another weekend, if I feel the need!!

The finished job is actually excellent and it opens and closes from either the front button (already fitted) the new internal rear button, the external opening button and the key fob. It makes one little bleep as it starts to close and another when closed. The suction closer works brilliantly and although I haven't checked out how any factory fitted ones close, I can't imagine it can be any quieter!

Gavlenko...... definitely give it a go! You won't be disappointed!!

I will try to assemble picks and video this next week :)

·
Registered
2021 Model D 165 S in Portofino Blue, only extras are the full leather steering wheel and spare.
1,542 Posts
Thanks Miranda - it's almost like waiting for the final episode of Line of Duty :)

Reactions: Miranda

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
298 Posts

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, Volvo 850R
2,394 Posts
Top job, works and sounds exactly the same as our factory one, does yours have a click shut on that very last bit where it soft closes, ours didn't at first when we first got the car but that was sorted when the tailgate was realigned, now it clicks shut

Reactions: Miranda

·
Registered
MY20 P300 HSE R-Dynamic
91 Posts
Top job, good that you got a celebratory RAF Spitfire fly past!

EDIT, just wanted to say I left YouTube playing after your video and some video came on with a guy doing 10 things he loves/hates about his new F Pace, got to say, he started it up and my god it sounded like a Massey Ferguson tractor! Just didn't sound right coming from a Jaguar.

·
Registered
2021 Model D 165 S in Portofino Blue, only extras are the full leather steering wheel and spare.
1,542 Posts
Miranda, top job and you have inspired me to go for it - I will follow suit and order this weekend (note to self ask them to say it's a gift lol). No doubt I may need to ask further questions when it arrives.

·
Registered
Evoque 2016 SE Tech Santorini Black
20 Posts
It's cheaper without the gesture bit to fit..... I'm not sure how much though!
Top job, works and sounds exactly the same as our factory one, does yours have a click shut on that very last bit where it soft closes, ours didn't at first when we first got the car but that was sorted when the tailgate was realigned, now it clicks shut
Had a listen last night... yes I'd say it does click but I have never checked out a factory fitted one, so can't sat for sure it is correct!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts