Evoque Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Model D 165 S in Portofino Blue, only extras are the full leather steering wheel and spare.
1,542 Posts
Miranda I am watching and waiting for your verdict :)

Reactions: Miranda

·
Registered
Evoque 2016 SE Tech Santorini Black
33 Posts
Had notification that it might be delivered today which will be 2 weeks. Did you get charged import duties? Either way it will still be a good deal if it all works!!!

·
Registered
2021 Model D 165 S in Portofino Blue, only extras are the full leather steering wheel and spare.
1,542 Posts
Oh I am excited for you Miranda :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Had notification that it might be delivered today which will be 2 weeks. Did you get charged import duties? Either way it will still be a good deal if it all works!!!
I can't honestly remember, so that means either I didn't or it was a small amount that wasn't worth mentioning

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Any sign of the kit Miranda - the suspense is killing me here :)

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well it has arrived!! All delivered by FedEx in just over 2 weeks. A pretty good service I'd say..... I did have to pay import duty and vat totaling about £80. I did wonder if I'd asked them the record it as a gift it would have arrived duty free? Anyway its here and all looks as Mark said of good quality! Unfortunately as we have a busy weekend this week, fitting is going to be delayed!

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,504 Posts
What’s with the “reverse” beepers whilst it shuts.......its not a HGV lol.......otherwise it does close like OEM
That's the microwave

·
Registered
206 Posts
Same style packaging as mine. I checked over every cable, just to make sure there was no damage and connectors were in good order.
I needn't of worried.
Good luck with the fitting.
Before you refit all the interior panels and route the cables properly, power it up and trial run it. Would be heartbreaking to fit it 100% and find it doesn't work. I had cables draped everywhere across the boot area. To test. Then routed each cable and retested. This way I'd know where the fault lay. Took a bit longer but in my mind worth it

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Well it has arrived!! All delivered by FedEx in just over 2 weeks. A pretty good service I'd say..... I did have to pay import duty and vat totaling about £80. I did wonder if I'd asked them the record it as a gift it would have arrived duty free? Anyway its here and all looks as Mark said of good quality! Unfortunately as we have a busy weekend this week, fitting is going to be delayed! View attachment 8508
looks the ticket - roll on fitting - can't wait to hear your story :)

Reactions: Miranda

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same style packaging as mine. I checked over every cable, just to make sure there was no damage and connectors were in good order.
I needn't of worried.
Good luck with the fitting.
Before you refit all the interior panels and route the cables properly, power it up and trial run it. Would be heartbreaking to fit it 100% and find it doesn't work. I had cables draped everywhere across the boot area. To test. Then routed each cable and retested. This way I'd know where the fault lay. Took a bit longer but in my mind worth it
Thanks for the tips Mark, yes that sounds like a good idea to make sure all is working first. I think I'll be doing the same! Did you just fit as per pdf instructions or did you find any video help?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for the tips Mark, yes that sounds like a good idea to make sure all is working first. I think I'll be doing the same! Did you just fit as per pdf instructions or did you find any video help?
I just used the PDF instructions. Hard part was getting my head round pulling all the trim off the rear of my car

·
Registered
2013 Evoque dynamic 4wd auto
4 Posts
Definitely following this with a view to buy... Could I ask which kit you ordered, there are a number of options on the site... power tailgate lift kit, automatic tailgate lift, aftermarket power tailgate lift etc.
kind regards & thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's done! 4 hours and a test before running all the wires. The initial test was the easy part...... running all the wires was a lot more tricky but very happy with the end result! Not fitted the gesture sensor yet as the instructions seemed to be a bit basic even by chinglish standards!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Miranda - well done you. Any chance of a video seeing the final product in operation. Quick question how skilled do you need to be to fit it. I am deffo keen to give it a go,

21 - 40 of 86 Posts