Evoque Owners Club banner

Retro fit auto tailgate

46K views 104 replies 38 participants last post by  Gtiaps 
Power Tailgate Part 1

Busy Week, so gonna prep so that i can jump in & out whenever i have 10 mins spare
Helped a friend with an older version of this a while a go. This one seems a far easier install.

Purchased through Carroll Chan

Components Received :
View attachment 9991
Connection Mock Up :
View attachment 9992
Tools/Items I Used :
View attachment 9993
Pencil
Electrical Tape
Knife
Nylon Draw Cord
Trim Removal Tools x 3
Cable Clips (w/sticky pads)
Silicone Spray

Ratchet
8mm Socket for Earth Strap
T40 Socket for Latch
Flat Head Screwdriver x2
Philips Screwdriver
T25 Bit for Boot Side Panel Trim
T30 Bit for Internal Pillar Trim

If you have Tie Down Loops on Boot floor You need the T30 bit
If you have the boot rails they are removed with either a large Philips screwdriver or a large Flat screwdriver

Prep:
View attachment 9994
Remove:
Tailgate Trim
Boot Floor
Latch Surround Trim
Internal LHD Rear Pillar Trim
Tie Downs or Rails
LHD Boot Side Panel (Not required but makes it easier & takes 2 mins to remove)
Trim above Boot opening (I didnt take this off, but makes life easier if you do)
I have a 2014 prestige does the kit fit that ? And do you have the link for the one you used please

Well I finally spent the day fitting the auto tailgate kit, quick delivery, just over a week from Carroll and total cost was £387 + £55 (TORY TAX) and yes it works but not without a lot of sweating and swearing!! The cables do not want to go through the rubber hoses, it would have been far simpler to cut off the connector blocks and make them up again at the control box. Took a total of 5 hours to do the job and 4 1/2 of those where trying to feed cables through the **** rubber grommets and hoses - Anyway it's done and I'll never do it again 🤣