Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a MY16 evoque SE Tech. It has standard tailgate. This can be difficult to close for my wife. I wondered if anyone knew whether an auto close tailgate could be fit retrospectively? And if so, how much would I be looking to pay?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,929 Posts
Unless you have the electric tailgate I don't think this would be possible.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i think a fair amount of work would be required.new motorised struts
new switches - on the tailgate and on the dash (by the drivers knee)
new modules
programming

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have the same issue I have the standard tailgate for my 2016 evoque I’m actually disappointed about that .. is there a way to get it done .. and the prices .

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a 2018 Dynamic. The car was perfect except for the electric tailgate.
I have fitted an update kit and it works out the box with the button on the dash and the remote. Best mod I've ever done on any LR product I've ever owned.

·
Super Moderator
2,902 Posts
Can you elaborate Markw i'm sure other members would benefit, e.g is it an official kit or aftermarket, did you fit yoursefl etc?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Looks like someone has made a kit for the 2019 onwards too.....Link

·
Registered
372 Posts
That looks more factory and has the soft close bit at the end, the kit I posted just slammed shut.

·
Registered
538 Posts
What’s with the “reverse” beepers whilst it shuts.......its not a HGV lol.......otherwise it does close like OEM

·
Registered
206 Posts
I spent ages pricing up the parts from LR. It came in at over a grand IIRC.
So a lot of trawling the web and I found a Chinese company doing a kit. I didn't want to go this route but the videos they sent all looked good.
So I paid £370 ish for it delivered to my door.
Well packaged and not damaged despite it's long distance to get to me.
Opened it up, all parts looked like originals and all individually sealed in bags. Instructions were good and not in chinglese.
Being the cautious type I spent a day or so reading and rereading the instructions.
The hardest part was getting your head round pulling all the trim out of the rear of the car and the tailgate.
I fitted the struts, the closer mechanism, took a power feed from the fuse box in the boot and had a test run. Wires everywhere. I didn't want to get it all fitted to find it didn't work. I shouldn't of worried. It all worked perfectly.
I routed the wiring as per the instructions and then had a celebratory cup of tea.
In all it just just over 1/2 a day. It worked straight out the box. I can open the boot from the button on the dash, from the remote or via the button on the tailgate.
The kit has the option for the beeper which I didn't fit, it also came with the option of the motion sensor for under the rear of the car, I did not purchase this either.

Would I do it again. YES, It is a great kit, easy to fit, well made and a lot cheaper than genuine parts.

As a side note, I went to the launch of the new Defender at my local dealership. Was chatting to my mate there, businees manager for JLR at this dealership and the head of sales. And I mentioned that I had fitted the kit and how good it was. They said that they'd been asked by customers and always told them it was impossible to retrofit. But if asked again would let them know that it was possible.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi
would be grateful if you could provide details of the seller as this sounds like a particularly excellent piece of kit.

Nigel

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry for delay in responding. Here are the details of the person I dealt with. VERY helpful and answered all of my questions very quickly and concisely.
Happy to recommend the kit.

Best Regards,
Carroll Chan
Tel:0769-8219 8609
Fax:0769-8219 8610
Mobile:+86(0)13532848886
WhatsApp:+86(0)13532848886
www.powertailgateliftkits.com
Add:No.1101. Building Xin Chun,No.1, Xin Chun Road, District Shang Sha, Chang An Town, Dong Guan City,GuangDong

·
Registered
Evoque 2016 SE Tech Santorini Black
33 Posts
Thank you Mark. I have already by coincidence emailed Carroll too! Is the wiring loom already there or is that part of the kit?

·
Registered
2021 Model D 165 S in Portofino Blue, only extras are the full leather steering wheel and spare.
1,542 Posts
Markw -I am also in correspondence with Carroll - d amn why did I not spec the powered tailgate - seemed like something we could do without but alas the wife and I miss it far too much for our own good :( - any other advice greatly appreciated - how did you pay for the set - Paypal for protection I am guessing

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thank you Mark. I have already by coincidence emailed Carroll too! Is the wiring loom already there or is that part of the kit?
Everything you need is in the box. All you need is a few hand tools to remove trim and to make an electrical connection to the rear distribution board. And some sockets to change the receiver when the tailgate locks into.
It is a softclose system as well.
I really cant fault it. It's a great bit of kit and real easy to fit

·
Registered
206 Posts
Markw -I am also in correspondence with Carroll - d amn why did I not spec the powered tailgate - seemed like something we could do without but alas the wife and I miss it far too much for our own good :( - any other advice greatly appreciated - how did you pay for the set - Paypal for protection I am guessing
It was that long ago I don't remember how I paid for it. I'd have no issues with sending a bank transfer or paypal if I was to do it again.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts