Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had this restricted performance message appear on the dash numerous times now. Land Rover seem to be stumped with this fault having had it in to the workshop twice. On the most recent visit the software was updated to apparently cure the fault. But to no avail as tonight on the way home the message came on again. Land Rover assist called out and got an AA man who was of no use as I had predicted before his arrival. So back to Land Rover in the morning!! Has anyone on the forum had this fault and had it successfully resolved yet?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi
I had this on a Freelander I borrowed from the garage last year before my Evoque arrived and exactly the same thing happened - it was an HSE SD4 from memory, anyways there were two things that could ring out to you:

have you run your car very low on fuel?
do you do alot of short journeys?

I was told there is a particle filter in the echaust system and it needs a good clear out every now and then and that sometimes if the car gets very low on fuel (and it had a 10 mile range when I picked it up) the engine management can activate this mode to protect the engine.

whether this was true or not I dont know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have heard of this but unfortunately it hasn't been the cause I my fault Rob. It has done it on varying levels of fuel and I do a mix of motorway and urban driving. Will get it in first thing in the morning and see what they come up with this time.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Andyguns said:
Have had this restricted performance message appear on the dash numerous times now. Land Rover seem to be stumped with this fault having had it in to the workshop twice. On the most recent visit the software was updated to apparently cure the fault. But to no avail as tonight on the way home the message came on again. Land Rover assist called out and got an AA man who was of no use as I had predicted before his arrival. So back to Land Rover in the morning!! Has anyone on the forum had this fault and had it successfully resolved yet?
Yes, of the transmission options were disabled it is the rear differential control module. Just had mine replaced. It is now a known issue, call JLR and ask to talk to one of the support technicians. Sometimes it can be fixed with a re=boot of the module, but if that fails a new module is the answer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got it on my 85k car 2 weeks ago. Fault was exhaust valve whatever that is...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since owning our Evoque we have had 6 occasions where the car has reverted to "restricted performance" mode. All occasions have been on the motorway, some in terrible rain at night where the speed naurally decelerates from 70 mph to 40 (Mrs Chihuahua has reported 30 mph when it happened to her).

Each time we pulled over to the hard shoulder shut the car down (waited for the LR sign to disappear), restarted the engine and "all ok" for a while, usually until the next service (as weirdly that's when it last happened).

LR assist did not want to come out first time and advised turn off and on as we are on the hard shoulder of a motorway not "near a junction"...anyway...

What I am getting to is that we did not spend all this money for an unreliable car.

Having spoken to the manager of our local branch, he advised that contrary to my claims of "we can't be the only people who have experience this fault...it must be a LR issue" that; "its a modern car problem." I told him I feel safer in my 08 VW FOX as I can depend on it and I mean it as it's engine won't try and kill me because it (or its numerous sensors THINK) there's a problem...

Booked car in to have the Rest. Performance looked at. We were provided with a Disco Sport for two days whilst LR looked into it. Although HSE Lux, no NAV? (that's another issue altogether). Received call from LR next day; "we can't find the fault on the diagnostics machine. Without locating the fault or replicating the fault we do not know what to fix." Fair enough.

We had a call from LR yesterday, I believe to gauge our attitude towards this issue. Naturally pleasant and attentive communication full of "We don't want your car here no more than you do...it is an inconvenience for you..." But with the weird question of "What would you like us to do?"

I explained the above that driving round in a car which is not as safe as my Fox, is playing Russian Roulette. We are not happy etc...

The Manager is using our car as his vehicle, until he has a near death experience (god forbid) and the fault can be recorded, isolated and fixed.

Until then has anyonehad a similar issue where LR have not found the crux of the matter on their machine they use?

Has anyone had their car replaced when its still under warranty?

Sorry for the long post I just thought i'd pick your brains.

Hope your cars are more reliable than ours.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic 2012
12 Posts
I have just been advised by a local mechanic that my turbo possibly requires replacing after showing the restricted performance error and experiencing a loss gradual loss of power.

After reading up on the restricted performance error causes on the forum I was and still am hoping it is just one of the following known causes that have been stated previously and that I have listed below.

• Low battery voltage
  • DPF Sensor issue
  • Engine control module requires reflashing
  • Split in turbo hose / Split in intercooler to throttle hose
  • EGR valve sticking
I do have a 6 month RAC warranty which I hope will cover the repair cost should it be the turbo.

The mechanic has had the car for a week today (providing very little updates in that time) only saying he has emailed someone else to see if they can repair it.

Just wondering if anyone that have had to have their turbo replaced could let me know how long roughly the repair takes and also are they likely to be covered under an RAC warranty?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I have attached the RAC report which was emailed to me after he tried to diagnose the fault.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts