Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I had a restricted performance message come up when I was accelerating, stopped and left it for a while and fault cleared, about a week later happened again but got worse and through an engine mil light, diagnosed as p2455 dog pressure sensor, replaced this and cleared the fault but then got p2263-21 turbo boost supercharge performance.

Any ideas, is there a turbo issue, did the sensor fail due to a turbo issue ??

Can anyone help

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic 2012
12 Posts
I have just been advised by a local mechanic that my turbo possibly requires replacing after showing the restricted performance error and experiencing a loss gradual loss of power.

After reading up on the restricted performance error causes on the forum I was and still am hoping it is just one of the following known causes that have been stated previously and that I have listed below.

• Low battery voltage
  • DPF Sensor issue
  • Engine control module requires reflashing
  • Split in turbo hose / Split in intercooler to throttle hose
  • EGR valve sticking
I do have a 6 month RAC warranty which I hope will cover the repair cost should it be the turbo.

The mechanic has had the car for a week today (providing very little updates in that time) only saying he has emailed someone else to see if they can repair it.

Just wondering if anyone that have had to have their turbo replaced could let me know how long roughly the repair takes and also are they likely to be covered under an RAC warranty?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I have attached the RAC report which was emailed to me after he tried to diagnose the fault.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts