Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing the rear fog lights with smoked ones, has anyone changed these as i've been told it is a bumper off jobie?

Also read someone done it without doing this but did not explain how just said it was a bit "fiddley"

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
61 Posts
Not the best pictures as I took them a while after doing the rear fogs the pics were to show the Gloss Black exhaust tips and Gloss black diffuser :p
I looked into smoked ones but the job doing them didn't warrant it so I bought some sticky back black mesh vinyl and used that to get a similar effect 😄👍😀

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is it possible to replace the rear fog lights or lenses, on a 2014 Evouqe Pure, without removing the bumper bar ? If so, how is it done ?

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,382 Posts
Looks like it’s bumper off as bolted to the inside!

Reactions: slaine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks David. The LH rear lens is broken. I read somewhere that the new lens could be removed from the light by heating the whole thing up for 20 minutes at 250 degrees in an oven. Then refit the new lens with black silastic around the edges. Regards; Colin.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Colin.
I ( actually, my man-who-can) changed mine for the smoked ones. Its definitely a bumper off job with the following comments :
  • Must have a large set of trim removal tools
  • Bumper is held on tightly and will need fair force with trim tools to release fixings
  • Really need two people to safely remove bumper or blankets on the ground for when it’s ready to come off
  • Goes back on easier than getting it off and can be done by one person
Obviously a bit of a faff but they look great when they're done!
Hope it goes well for you 😀

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
251 Posts
I managed to change mine on my own, with plenty of carpet underneath to save scratching the bumper - so it is do-able, just awkward.
Remember you will need the red led bulbs in them - powerfuluk sell them on eBay for £19.
Got my smoked rear fogs from AliExpress - identical to RR ones, even stamped as such.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys; Thanks for your assistance. I have the tools to do the fog light replacement by taking off the bumper. I have been stalling it, hoping there was an easier method.
It would be much easier if R/R put some thought into a quick change.
Regards;
Colin.

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
251 Posts
It seems like they build up sub assemblies then fit them to the car. The front bumper with its fogs is the same, and the headliner has the wiring and sun visors attached before being fitted (the wiring connectors are behind) - making it a pain in the bum to change anything, but obviously easier for them to fit at the factory.

·
Registered
MY13 2.2 SD4 Diynamic AWD 5dr
528 Posts
As far as I know, the bumper must be removed. Which sounds like a pain, but it really isn't. There is very little space to get you hands in behind the bumper, with it fitted to the car. Even with the rear wheel liners removed. I know this first hand, as I replaced the rear bumper, with brand new fog lights. Was well chuffed with the end result ... until I realised I forgot to install the fog light bulbs 🤨

Further info here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts