Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Pure Tech 2.2 SD4 Fuji White & Black Pack
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted this kit from Powerfuluk?
Thinking of ordering a set when they come back into stock as I only have the standard DRL headlights.
Any opinions?
Car Vehicle Wheel Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,396 Posts
Have you seen it's a 'bumper off' job to fit them which is a bit of a pain?

I think there are some older posts about these if you are interested :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I did see it’s a bumper off job, don’t mind that too much.
I’ll have a search for the older posts.
Have you seen any these DRLs fitted at all?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,396 Posts
Only online pics (+ UKP YouTube).

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Something that just occurred to me about these I wonder if the police would ever stop you for thinking you were driving with your fog lights on?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure, think as they are 6 smaller LEDs they won’t project like fog lights, they dim too when indicating and when headlights come on.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I meant not so much working like a fog but just looking like fogs, just the fact they're on and to an on coming police car they may look like fogs

·
Registered
MY2013 Evoque sd4 Pure auto
51 Posts
Hi, I did see it’s a bumper off job, don’t mind that too much.
I’ll have a search for the older posts.
Have you seen any these DRLs fitted at all?
Is it important for you that the fogs actually work? or would you be happy with dummy fog lights just to improve the front view of the Evoque. As for Mot requirements i don't think the fog lights on pre 2018 cars need to be checked.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the working fogs at the minute, but never use them. I just like the look of the DRLs with me not having the signature headlights.

·
Registered
MY2013 Evoque sd4 Pure auto
51 Posts
I have the working fogs at the minute, but never use them. I just like the look of the DRLs with me not having the signature headlights.
Our car does not have front fogs, just the grey blades, and like you I probably would'nt use the fogs, but i think it makes the front of the car look better with fogs installed.

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
260 Posts
I do not think that the evoque front figs are bright. Why don't you just use them like they are a DRL?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,396 Posts
I do not think that the evoque front figs are bright. Why don't you just use them like they are a DRL?
Don't fog lights only work when the lights are turned on? So might look a bit OTT.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
4,316 Posts
Mine has DRLs on the front but I cant get the rear ones activated. All efforts blocked by JLR.

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
343 Posts
Don't fog lights only work when the lights are turned on? So might look a bit OTT.
I think the kit supplied by powerfuluk ltd has the wiring and connectors to make them proper daytime running lights.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,396 Posts
@Robwen - that's right.
I was responding to @Bazandbeanz who was suggesting to just use the fog lights :)

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
343 Posts
Sorry HmmmUK, my mistake.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,396 Posts
No problem :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I see this company called Super Tweaks is showing the DRL kit in stock, slightly more than powerfuluk though.
Has anyone bought anything from here before, are they in the UK?
Product Font Material property Rectangle Screenshot

·
Registered
2013 prestige lux coupe
1 Posts
Hi I have a set of these i purchased from Supertweaks last month as i saw another RR Evoque with them and asked the guy what they were as looked good. I have not fitted them, even though it seems easy enough with bumber off , 2 man job, My mechanic pal says you tube tutorials are correct some soldering but all else easy connect and clips
I am selling my Evoque due to family issue will not need these DRLs
Set of 2 all wires and connectors included Brand New I will sell for £120

1 - 20 of 28 Posts