Evoque Owners Club banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
I still don’t understand the battery thing it’s way over my head but have read and seen many have replaced there own batteries
Bit like Marks and Sparks ... but you don’t mind paying extra as it is a better quality of food ,,, JLR Quality seems to be a thing of the past ... look great , drive well, but run of the mill parts nothing special compared to other quality parts costing half what they charge.... then there’s the labour😱😱😱😱 must be the expensive overalls there techs use ... and the super plus extra power hi tech diagnostics machines that cost more to run than every other 😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Shortly after we got ours from BSM I was in at their service desk getting booked in for something, adviser was dealing with someone so I waited, when I was at his desk the previous chap came back and politely interupted us and asked 'while you've got the car in for the service and up in the air can I ask you to rotate the wheels, front to back, back to front?', the adviser said yes but there would be a charge for that, chap was like 😧 'why, you've got to take the wheels off so just swap them around', adviser replied sorry sir we don't take the wheels off till the third service which is why we charge!

They were going to charge 0.2 hours labour which he said was £18, chap told em to stuff it and he'd do it himself.

So the dealer is quite happy to sell you a car, ply you with all the coffee you can drink, quite happy to drop you off in town or pick you up, anything just to sell another unit but once they have your money then you just become a nobody, just another sale, another tick on the sales managers dry wipe board

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
They have motd and serviced mine for 3 years and two weeks out of warranty they wanted £170 to inspect it pre warranty even though they had recently motd and serviced it.....**** I’m off topic your fault hmmm😱😱😱😘

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts
You got a picture??
Will get one, just not had a moment, too busy in the garden on lockdown in all that beautiful weather.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve been getting the 3 min battery warning for some time now - looking at my battery I think it’s probably the original which is a starter type ( my car hasn’t got stop/start feature), so is almost certainly ready for replacement at 7 yrs old.
My question is, does it have BMS - is there anything physically I can see on the car to confirm it does? Would the 3 min warning coming up mean the car has this system fitted?
Thanks for any help given.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The BMS module is number 2 in the picture below, hope this helps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
While we are discussing this, yes modern cars require coding to inform them that they have a new battery.
It allows the modules to learn the static amperage and running draw so the alternator can accommodate how much to charge.

Done battery change on my beamer and had to code it. Without coding it should work however battery life may get compromised. Or at least that is what I learnt.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts