Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had renewal notice Friday, gone up £17, dam liberty considering I’ve been shielding since March last year (apart from the last couple of weeks and a week away last September). So I’ve decided to put a claim in for a stone chip on the panoramic roof (not the opening part). Should be like claiming for a chipped windscreen, £15 excess. We’ll wait and see if they try to refuse it.

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
93 Posts
I expected my LV+ renewal to increase, having been charged £6.50 for 1 month to renewal following change of vehicle from F-Pace to Evoque, despite the fact it is a lower Insurance Group 31 v 33 for F-Pace and has a tracker. Renewal Notice came 2 days later and premium is £60 more than I actually paid last year, but as they are obliged to show what I paid last year for comparison, they reworked last year's renewal based on the Evoque and declared that it was £80 more, thereby intimating that this year's premium is a reduction of £20. Last year they also managed to declare a lower premium than previous year by omitting the protected NCD element and showing it as an optional extra. Total lack of integrity:mad:.

They have also added an exception for loss or damage caused by failure to install and/or accept OTA updates recommended by your car's manufacturer and caused by OTA updates - that are not approved by your Car's manufacturer :)unsure: JLR-Retrofits?).

BTW Veteran, I've just noticed that for Windscreens and Window glass (including Sun-roofs): Your premium may increase as a result of a claim but as long as there's no other loss or damage- your NCD won't be affected.

As Tommy Cooper once said; I'm insured for falling off a roof but not for hitting the ground.

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have protected no claim bonus so that’s not a problem. If they do get shirty I’ll tell them to stuff it. I’d rather paid a glazier to do it and move ins even if it costs more on principle!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Had renewal notice Friday, gone up £17, dam liberty considering I’ve been shielding since March last year (apart from the last couple of weeks and a week away last September). So I’ve decided to put a claim in for a stone chip on the panoramic roof (not the opening part). Should be like claiming for a chipped windscreen, £15 excess. We’ll wait and see if they try to refuse it.
Who you insured with Vet?

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: Yoda

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fresh renewal quote this morning £709! On the phone now cancelling the claim & renewal ffs. Autoglass to fix the chip £20. Do not use esure to insure your car they are criminals 😡

·
Registered
491 Posts
Fresh renewal quote this morning £709! On the phone now cancelling the claim & renewal ffs. Autoglass to fix the chip £20. Do not use esure to insure your car they are criminals 😡
Unfortunately they ALL are. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
298 Posts
Interestingly eSure were the cheapest for me in my Evoque (£276) and my wife in her Golf GTi (can't remember how much that was) but you are right, they are all a bunch of crooks!
Some of the things that insurance companies get away with because we have to have insurance and they write their own rules is scandalous

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You’re not wrong. I cancelled the claim and told them not to renew next month. Then asked them to confirm quote. Last year was £416.68, renewal last week to be £433.09, after claim it was £709.62. since cancelling the claim it’s now £509+! So gone up over £70 since last week. They are just rip off merchants. I thought the idea of insurance was to save the cost of repairs? I rang Auto glass they can’t repair a chip in a panoramic roof for some reason, something to do with it being different glass. I rang the body shop the ins had booked it in to, they said they would replace the roof! I think my next step is to ring my local Jaguar dealer to see who they would use I suppose. Failing that I’ll just ignore it. It happened over a year ago in Chester, only noticed it the other week, heard it when it happened, just a loud bang but never noticed any damage anywhere. Oh well, internet for car ins quotes now.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Take care with the cancelled claim. We tried claiming for a leak from our kitchen tap that had trashed the washing machine. The XS was supposed to be £50 but they said as it was classed as a water leak, the XS was £500 - more than the cost of a new washer, so we cancelled the claim.
When it came to renewal, the premium had gone up by over £100 (with no claims made) so we looked elsewhere & were told by a couple of companies the cancelled claim was showing on the insurance register & it still affected my premium as it was an “intention to claim” WTF !!!
So we found somewhere that clearly didn’t look that deeply & went with them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My LV quote £400 excl legal expenses cover; £400 vol excess.
Obtained a new quote from LV using my personal plate ( not yet on car) £275 ; £300 excess:oops:

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
298 Posts
Take care with the cancelled claim. We tried claiming for a leak from our kitchen tap that had trashed the washing machine. The XS was supposed to be £50 but they said as it was classed as a water leak, the XS was £500 - more than the cost of a new washer, so we cancelled the claim.
When it came to renewal, the premium had gone up by over £100 (with no claims made) so we looked elsewhere & were told by a couple of companies the cancelled claim was showing on the insurance register & it still affected my premium as it was an “intention to claim” WTF !!!
So we found somewhere that clearly didn’t look that deeply & went with them.
I've heard of that before, that is why insurance companies tell you to advise them of everything so that even if you then do it yourself they can put your insurance up as, statistically, you are a higher risk as you have almost claimed. They are absolute cowboys who just don't have to wear a mask!
I insured my Focus on the 24th January this year for £376. I then decided to buy the Evoque and bought it on the 20th February. I called up my insurer on the 10th Feb as I had decided on the Evoque to get a price to swap the insurance. As my Focus was modified they could only offer me a premium of over £600 as the Evoque wasn't modified (I try asking for a price with spacers as a mod but it didn't help).As I was outside my 14 day cooling off period I have to pay to cancel my policy. After the fees and me kicking up a stink and getting them reduced it still cost me £151 for the Focus insurance from 24th January to 16th February when it sold. £151 for 23 days!
I appreciate I set myself up for a high charge as I cancelled just outside my cooling off period but nearly 50% of the premium (and would have been over 50% if I had just taken their first price) is daylight robbery!
Only saving grace was that the Evoque was £100 cheaper than the Focus renewal so SWMBO didn't instantly kill me!

I have also been told in the past that if you have a non-fault claim (i.e. someone crashed into your car when it was parked) your premium will go up as you are, again statistically, more likely to have a further claim! Absolute crap!!

Anyway, rant over....for now.... TL; DR, I hate insurance companies!

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have protected no claim bonus so that’s not a problem. If they do get shirty I’ll tell them to stuff it. I’d rather paid a glazier to do it and move ins even if it costs more on principle!
I have heard they will increase the base premium if you claim. Let's say your base premium is £1000 with a 50% NCD so you pay £500. You make a claim and your base premium rises to £2000 but your "protected" NCD now gives you a premium of £1000. Heads they win, tails you lose

Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have heard they will increase the base premium if you claim. Let's say your base premium is £1000 with a 50% NCD so you pay £500. You make a claim and your base premium rises to £2000 but your "protected" NCD now gives you a premium of £1000. Heads they win, tails you lose
😡

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,493 Posts
That's the way I understand it. They protect the no claims discount not the base premium

·
Registered
298 Posts
That is exactly it, and they word NCD Protection like it'll save your premium going up when in reality that's clearly not the case.
I'm also certain that 90% of policies could be invalidated with "modifications" as anything over base spec is technically a modification as the number plate related to a model and any changes you make when ordering would increase the value of the car and hence be a modification to the vehicle.
It's a joke as you can't even trust the dealer to tell you all modifications so how can you feasibly tell an insurance company of all modifications on a 5 year old car you've bought second hand.

I remember there used to be a law (not sure if it's still around) that you had to have insurance or have placed a large sum of money in the governments coffers (think it was around £25k but was lifted to £100k a few years ago, don't quote me on that) and it meant you could drive without paying for insurance without fear of prosecution for any amount below that. Obviously with the blame claim culture and prices no a days that wouldn't last you long.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've gone back to NFU, a good old fashioned British Mutual. £100 more than LV's 'New Business' quote but Legal Expenses included, much lower compulsory excesses e.g Nil for w/s chips. £50 for w/s replacement; no additonal £200 excess for not using their authorised repairer and effectively 2 years GAP insurance for new vehicles, plus you can pay by instalments at no additional cost. They also claim to reward existing customers over discounting for new customers.

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yesterday I went on line to check ins rates. My cost last year was £416.68, renewal quoted as £433.09. Following my claim, which I cancelled it increased to £709.62. Going through Compare the meerkat.com I’ve just paid £345.95 for exactly the same cover, a saving of £363.67 and £70.93 less than last year!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It always pays to shop around these days. Loyalty counts for nothing unfortunately

Reactions: Veteran

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It’s the same company too!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts