Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
try washing up liquid first it normally does the trick certainly would remove it off the paintwork ,then go stronger if that doesn't work ,be carefull as the strong stuff might remove the coating of whatevers on there but it migt also fade the paint

·
Registered
550 Posts
Once you have the wax off, use a decent wheel sealant, it will make it easier to get the brake dust off when you clean them.

·
Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
97 Posts
be carefull as the strong stuff might remove the coating of whatevers on there but it migt also fade the paint
Absolute carp! o_O Alcohols and petroleum substances won't damage the paint if you don't leave them on for ages... Detailers use them!

But yes, once stripped off, I'd recommend Iron-X followed by IPA again followed by G-Technic C5 ceramic coat. It's what I do the Porker wheels with and gets me about 2 years before needing to be repeated.

·
Registered
550 Posts
You could even clay bar them with rapid detailer if you want to go all the way ?

·
Registered
624 Posts
At my dealers I watched the prep people removing "transport wax" from the wheels of a new car by using one of the "Hot" pressure washers.
I would start by just using a hot bucket of normal shampoo and see how that goes.
Rather than breaking out the "heavy artillery" of chemicals in the first instance.
I use Poorboys wheel wax on mine a couple of times a year and it does a great job.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
I use Poor boys as well-only pay them one shilling an hour-thats why theyr'e poor!

Seriously thaough, that is good stuff. My son put something made by gyeon onto mine on Friday-better than when I took delivery 3 weeks ago!!

·
Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
97 Posts
You could even clay bar them with rapid detailer if you want to go all the way ?
I've never needed to clay bar wheels, I find the Iron-X does enough to leave them squeaky clean and ready for protection.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
You are correct, I went to Merc because mainly of BIK tax breaks. got me an Eclass Hybrid-very smooth, sexy and tax efficient.
Enjoy yours, I do miss mine in all honesty.
Glad you are happy with your Merc Maffy. I will go that route when PCP allows. Mind you only a small one say , I think, GLA.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Very very nice they are .

I loved my Evoque but the Merc is in another class altogether.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
WE will of course think of a way in which you can repay us all!!!!

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
142 Posts
If you want paraffin, it is the same as heating oil (kerosene), which is very similar to diesel.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts