Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please does anyone know how to remove what looks like delivery wax (or maybe one of those proprietary wax treatments) from my black wheels? And if so how and are there methods/products I should definitely NOT use? Thank you

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Try meths but definitely not a wire brush!

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
342 Posts
Maybe something like this...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,138 Posts
Years ago paraffin was used to remove the wax from new cars. No idea where you get it nowadays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Years ago paraffin was used to remove the wax from new cars. No idea where you get it nowadays.
Thank you. I'm sure some small hardware store will stock it if it still exists; I recall my dad having a paraffin heater in his shed (probably very UNHealth and Safety these days!

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
I’ve still got one, I think it’s in the garage - somewhere! I’ve got a fan heater now though in my man cave

·
Registered
154 Posts
How about Traffic Film Cleaner and a jetwash?

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
NO, Veteran has a paraffin heater not a steam cleaner!!!

Traffic film cleaner will do it with gentle agitation-good luck.

·
Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
97 Posts
You don't need any fancy kit to remove wax from paintwork (or tar-spots unless you're trying to preserve a wax finish). Anything like IPA (Isopropanol), Meths, Turps or even just petrol will do it. Follow up with Washing-Up Liquid (no waxes in that!) in as hot a bowl of water as your hands can take. You don't need to spend any money.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Mike, you will only follow through if you drink the Paraffin!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You don't need any fancy kit to remove wax from paintwork (or tar-spots unless you're trying to preserve a wax finish). Anything like IPA (Isopropanol), Meths, Turps or even just petrol will do it. Follow up with Washing-Up Liquid (no waxes in that!) in as hot a bowl of water as your hands can take. You don't need to spend any money.
Fantastic CaptainNick! Getting used to washing my hands anyway. Thank you Everybody. My first time on the Forum

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
WE are all here to help you, sometimes it may seem that we are takingb the urine, but deep down we do care (and any opportunity to run veteran down is welcome)
Enjoy your motor.- loved mine so much I just got a new Merc!!!

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
342 Posts
TFR,,,, Traffic Film Remover???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WE are all here to help you, sometimes it may seem that we are takingb the urine, but deep down we do care (and any opportunity to run veteran down is welcome)
Enjoy your motor.- loved mine so much I just got a new Merc!!!
Hey everyone should be able to take a bit of ribbing; life's too short! Good luck with your Merc. I've gone the other way > swopped my 3.0 Z4 for an Evoque Convertible > ok drop in power but up in sophistication and space

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
You are correct, I went to Merc because mainly of BIK tax breaks. got me an Eclass Hybrid-very smooth, sexy and tax efficient.
Enjoy yours, I do miss mine in all honesty.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts