Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
394 Posts
Every weekday, I start my car up at home and drive a short distance down the road to the local newsagent, switch off the car, lock up, get my paper and then start up and drive the 15 miles to work.

I've noticed the Remote app never seems to log the trip between home and the newsagent (probably not even half a mile). Then sometimes the journey to work is then shown on the map as a physical straight line from one point to another (ie. it hasn't tracked all the actual roads I've travelled on). The overall summary of the trip is correct from newsagent to work does seem correct.

I guess this means that over time, any very short hop from home are simply not being accounted for in the journey logging.

Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
983 Posts
I think it's a minimum of 1 mile for it to be recorded.

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,112 Posts
I've just sorted my InControl journeys on 'Distance', 0.7 miles is my shortest recorded one.

The map showing straight lines if often a sign that LR's systems are struggling. They seem to get processed eventually and show up correctly.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The OP was asking about live tracking, comments about the Remote app are correct, however the Route Planner app does give near real time tracking.... providing you're logged in I've seen it give position in perhaps 1minute intervals.
Annoyingly JLR software often fails to keep you logged in despite the tick-box saying it will. Obviously it also depends on there being network availability and the Here.com servers being on line.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I have to re-login every two or three journeys & I have the keep me logged in box ticked.
I haven’t checked religiously to see if all my journeys are there, but they do seem to be more or less correct.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Route Planner app does what the name suggests, I've used it from my pc to add destinations and routes (and as stated above see live tracking), but it doesn't record/save journeys taken, that gets done on the Remote app.
All a bit confusing till you get your head around it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
394 Posts
Apparently despite this not being the case, the remote app insists my windows are open!

Still the same today. I guess once I’ve driven it again, it might realise.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,285 Posts
You'll probably see that the car isn't locked sometimes too , even when it is. I had that a few times.

·
Registered
983 Posts
On the Android version of the app you can tap on the "home" page near the top and it will update with the small wheely circle thing.
Sometimes it needs a kick up the arse .

·
Registered
183 Posts
On the Android version of the app you can tap on the "home" page near the top and it will update with the small wheely circle thing.
Sometimes it needs a kick up the arse .
Love the technical terms used in this post. Can you tell me where in the FAQ of the manual it says the vehicle needs a “kick up the arse”? Love it

·
Registered
983 Posts
Love the technical terms used in this post. Can you tell me where in the FAQ of the manual it says the vehicle needs a “kick up the arse”? Love it
It's a "user" technical term. :)
A bit like the method to "re-pair" to the servers at JLR if your app starts to go slow and then stop.
Known elsewhere as an electronic kick up the arse.
Works too.
:D

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,112 Posts
Apparently despite this not being the case, the remote app insists my windows are open!

Still the same today. I guess once I’ve driven it again, it might realise.
If it's not the app messing around, then open/close each window to activate the sensors.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts