Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has become important of late that I can track my car in real time. I was upset to find out that it is not possible. The app will only show the start point and won’t update until the engine has been switched off at the destination. No real time tracking dispite paying for the car to be found by police as reported by LR tracking call centre.
So in theory, my car could be stolen from home in Scotland, driven until the tank emptied in England and police wouldn’t know where it is until the engine is switched off.
I would not think it is too difficult to make it real time tracking.
COME ON LR these are supposed to be high end vehicles.

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
Hi & welcome. I must admit I’ve never tried ”real time” tracking, I’m always driving it when it’s on the move! It would be good if it does but I don’t know if it’s supposed to or not. Perhaps someone with more idea will be along soon, it’s an interesting question.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hopefully its just the app, Im sure LR would be able to track it

·
Registered
962 Posts
No real time tracking dispite paying for the car to be found by police as reported by LR tracking call centre.
If you paid for the factory fit tracker then it will have real time tracking which is done by the tracker centre if it is stolen.
The app is only a journey recording device.
You can always have an ftermarket tracker fitted but it will cost a fair bit including the subscription costs.

·
Registered
2015 Evoque Dynamic
6 Posts
LR can do no more than I can on my phone.
So to follow this through logically, why pay for the service? There isn’t one. All I need do is call the police when I notice the car gone and tell them where the engine was switched off.
I have confirmed this with my local RR tech guy.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have always been of the opinion that if my car is stolen & driven like a car thief does, I don’t think I would want it back. I would rather get an insurance pay-out & buy a new car.
cant see the point in a tracker, unless you have something so special it can’t be easily replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi & welcome. I must admit I’ve never tried ”real time” tracking, I’m always driving it when it’s on the move! It would be good if it does but I don’t know if it’s supposed to or not. Perhaps someone with more idea will be along soon, it’s an interesting question.
It would be for RR to do. After all, if I had a child with a phone, I could track it in real time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have always been of the opinion that if my car is stolen & driven like a car thief does, I don’t think I would want it back. I would rather get an insurance pay-out & buy a new car.
cant see the point in a tracker, unless you have something so special it can’t be easily replaced.
You must be more well off than me. I don’t think the insurance payout would reflect my 4 yr. old very low mileage beautiful RR maintained car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you paid for the factory fit tracker then it will have real time tracking which is done by the tracker centre if it is stolen.
The app is only a journey recording device.
You can always have an ftermarket tracker fitted but it will cost a fair bit including the subscription costs.
Yes it is factory fit. Will see what RR are saying about real time tracking.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Firstly in a lot of cases the car will be driven to another location after being stolen and left for a few days to see if has a tracker which would mean it being recovered.
Secondly it could possibly lead to the arrest of the offenders which just might save another person having their car lifted.
But best of all, it could lead to a pursuit where the sh*ts wrap it up and go to hell in a fireball.
Of course in that case your insurance would still cough up.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yes it is factory fit. Will see what RR are saying about real time tracking.
If it's the factory fit tracker then the first three years subscription are free.
After that it can be renewed by paying a fee.

·
Registered
2015 Evoque Dynamic
6 Posts
If it's the factory fit tracker then the first three years subscription are free.
After that it can be renewed by paying a fee.
Well waiting for reply from RR boffins. Paying to extend the subscription is ok if they can do more if my car is stolen than I can from the app. EG track in real time.

·
Registered
2015 Evoque Dynamic
6 Posts
Firstly in a lot of cases the car will be driven to another location after being stolen and left for a few days to see if has a tracker which would mean it being recovered.
Secondly it could possibly lead to the arrest of the offenders which just might save another person having their car lifted.
But best of all, it could lead to a pursuit where the sh*ts wrap it up and go to hell in a fireball.
Of course in that case your insurance would still cough up.
Now, the fireball thing. Is that an optional extra from RR?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Remember that the App and a proper Thatcham Tracker are two separate things.
If your car was fitted with the JLR tracker on being built it will show on your subscriptions page under settings as probably expired after 4 years.
If it had an aftermarket tracker fitted then the certificate should be in the paperwork.
If your car isn't fitted with tracker you can always have an aftermarket one fitted

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,094 Posts
@LouiseC32 @LouiseC
I got lost a bit there, I take you are the same person just two logins? :unsure:

I don't think you've said what version on InControl you have? There's a £36 a year basic version and £260 security one...

Reactions: Doogi

·
Registered
2015 Evoque Dynamic
6 Posts
Remember that the App and a proper Thatcham Tracker are two separate things.
If your car was fitted with the JLR tracker on being built it will show on your subscriptions page under settings as probably expired after 4 years.
If it had an aftermarket tracker fitted then the certificate should be in the paperwork.
If your car isn't fitted with tracker you can always have an aftermarket one fitted
It shows in my subscriptions

1 - 20 of 32 Posts