Evoque Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
371 Posts
wasn't it Landrover insurance that didn't insure the pano roof if I remember there was something it didn't do .. I had it for 7 days when I took delivery of this one
To be honest I'm not sure, it's got windscreen cover I'll need to check.

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
270 Posts
Well that’s interesting because I’m 100% positive that my quote was Ageas based which would suggest that LR just act as a broker and use a number of different 3rd party insurers, not quite sure what determines which insurance company is selected though. I also was hoping for a decent quote from LV but for whatever reason they were astronomically expensive, in the region of £6-700 from memory. I’m 67, 8 years protected NCD and living in a small town in N Wiltshire so no nasties in there anywhere.
See below
Font Number Screenshot Document Rectangle

Reactions: Perusal and Whoever

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,396 Posts
One of the issues with NFU is that no matter how many years of NCD you have they won’t allow you more than 8 years when you move away from them so that’s the maximum you can prove and what has to be put down on the application forms. 🙄
I'm also with NFU. I thought all insurers work in a similar way, i.e. there's a maximum NCD.
Is that not the case?

But as @Elpaulio the OP said, this isn't a thread about the cheapest provider.

·
Registered
2022 R-Dynamic SE, P300e Eiger Grey
40 Posts
I'm also with NFU. I thought all insurers work in a similar way, i.e. there's a maximum NCD.
Is that not the case?

But as @Elpaulio the OP said, this isn't a thread about the cheapest provider.
Yes, that’s correct, most insurers will often show a maximum NCD limit but the point here is that NFU tend to set their maximum a year or two lower than most other companies.

Quite agree about this not being about the cheapest provider but in my case I tend to favour the cheapest provider who holds a Defacto 5 star rating (which I understand to be a type of quality rating). Such companies are very rarely the cheapest overall ie you get what you pay for. In the case of my current Aviva policy I paid a little over £20 more for the features of their Premium Policy against their standard offering.

·
Registered
270 Posts
One of the issues with NFU is that no matter how many years of NCD you have they won’t allow you more than 8 years when you move away from them so that’s the maximum you can prove and what has to be put down on the application forms. 🙄
That is true if you been insured with them for more than the previous 7 years but if not and you retained the renewal notice from your prevous insurer(s), you may be able to prove more. Not that I have ever been asked to provide proof in the last decade or two.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
She's got no excuse now, she's just had both of her lens replaced so she can see. 😇 😂
sometimes they can still just pop out .. just saying 🤷‍♀️ ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Update on post re NCD above from the MIB website

No claims discount (NCD) database

The NCD service is an online service that replaces the need for motor insurers and policy holders to manually exchange papers about a policy holders’ NCD data.

·
Registered
2022 R-Dynamic SE, P300e Eiger Grey
40 Posts
That is true if you been insured with them for more than the previous 7 years but if not and you retained the renewal notice from your prevous insurer(s), you may be able to prove more. Not that I have ever been asked to provide proof in the last decade or two.
You will if you go to Aviva! Had to “jump through hoops” to get them to accept the proof supplied by NFU simply because the proof of NCD letter that NFU supplied came through their local agency rather than on headed notepaper. Drove me nuts, took about 3 attempts to get them to accept it and then it was only because I could forward them the email with the letter showing the sender had an NFU email address. Of course because Aviva only tend to operate online now I couldn’t phone anybody 🙄

·
Registered
270 Posts
On the subject of spouses; my insurance is cheaper if I include my wife as a named driver, even though I would never let her sit in the driver's seat of the Evoque; she is very happy with that extra pedal and thing on the end of the stick on her EOS.:sneaky:

·
Registered
270 Posts
You will if you go to Aviva! Had to “jump through hoops” to get them to accept the proof supplied by NFU simply because the proof of NCD letter that NFU supplied came through their local agency rather than on headed notepaper. Drove me nuts, took about 3 attempts to get them to accept it and then it was only because I could forward them the email with the letter showing the sender had an NFU email address. Of course because Aviva only tend to operate online now I couldn’t phone anybody 🙄
I'm surprised by that because I have also used Aviva and not been asked for proof. On the subject of NFU, I have also found that quotes from one of their branch offices, as opposed to their national call centre use different, more expensive, rates.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
On the subject of spouses; my insurance is cheaper if I include my wife as a named driver, even though I would never let her sit in the driver's seat of the Evoque; she is very happy with that extra pedal and thing on the end of the stick on her EOS.:sneaky:
as long as she is happy that's fine but if she wants just a wee shot of yours then it would be nice to share as what hers is hers and what yours is hers also .. ;)

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
It is Landrover that doesn't insure the Pano roof under windscreen cover I did some digging and found that I had posted in here when I took out the 7 day cover as I asked the question when I got the quote and got told that no insurance company would include pano roofs under windscreen .. how little he knew about his competition lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
...... as what hers is hers and what yours is hers also .. ;)
:D That is so true but thankfully the thought of her driving an automatic is as frightening to her as it is to me😬

• Haha
Reactions: Angel

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I swap insurers every year. They rob you blind if you stay with them. Not sure if that will change with the new rules.
I just check what’s covered & what the XS’s are. Then pick the one that seems the best for me. Can’t even remember which one it was this year.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Not these types of lens, if these pop out then her eye ball has exploded :eek: :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: Angel

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Not these types of lens, if these pop out then her eye ball has exploded :eek: :ROFLMAO:
Know the concern, Mrs Y had her cataracts done last year. No more excuses for modifying the front grill on her Merc. Have to say Admiral were very good dealing with the claim😉

Reactions: RobS

·
Registered
371 Posts
Know the concern, Mrs Y had her cataracts done last year. No more excuses for modifying the front grill on her Merc. Have to say Admiral were very good dealing with the claim😉
I was with Admiral and they handled our claim well, the the renewal was eye watering this time so we changed, but not as eye watering as the charge for new lens.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I would imagine having new lenses fitted would be eye watering 🥲 😂

Reactions: Elpaulio

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would imagine having new lenses fitted would be eye watering 🥲 😂
The part that is most cringe worthy is when they suck the old lens out - that's more than eye wateringo_Oo_O

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Sounds like an episode of “I’m a Celebrity Get Me out Of Here” 😱

Reactions: RobS
21 - 40 of 41 Posts