Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

My insurance is up for renewal next month and rather than just going for the usual comparison websites and picking the cheapest one I am looking for some recommendations on companies you have used and if they were any good.

Looking for those who will cover pan-roof damage as well as good customer service when needed (hopefully no one will have needed them but I'm sure there must be a few of us)
Similarly any companies you have had issues claiming with that I can try and avoid?

Cheers
Paul

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
I use Direct Line for insurance .. that aren't on comparison sites .. I've used them for 2 years now .. They covered me when I had no tracker although I have a tracker now I didn't first year I used them . and pano roof is covered under windscreen ...
NFU I've also which pano roof is covered under windscreen just direct line were cheaper this time round but NFU do have a better reputation .

Wouldn't touch SAGA with a barge pole just in case you were thinking of them as parents used them and they were terrible.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I found Admiral good in the past and they did cover panoramic roofs under the glass section.they were also good on claims handling and payments.
Currently with Saga (being of a certain age) Happy with the service BUT they do not cover pano roofs under the glass section, mines a tin top.
Mrs Y is with LV. Again she is happy with service and they cover piano roofs OK which was needed for her convertible with a metal/pano roof

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
276 Posts
I switched both mine and my wife's car to NFU this year. As Angel says, they are not the cheapest, but I found that their compulsery excesses were less, they do not increase the excess if you do not use their preferred repairer in the event of a claim, as do LV, Aviva and others, and importantly for me, they include 2 years replacement with new in the event of theft or write-off. I've used them in the past but have only ever needed to claim for a replacement windscreen and although there automated claim service pushed me to Autoglass, they were happy for me to go to National Windscreens, who guaranteed me a genuine Jaguar screen replacement.

Reactions: JohnPlumb

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
This is one of those questions where you ask 20 people and you get 20 different answers. We've only ever insured with LV since having our first LR, was happy with the quote, they don't ask for a tracker and they cover the pano under windscreen, each year their renewal came in about 30 quid more, you go on comparison sites and they are always in the top 3 and the online price is cheaper than your renewal so you ring them for their absolute best price and they lower it even more. Their CS is easy to get hold of and always been easy to deal with, regular non pushy emails and in my experience a pleasure to deal with

·
Registered
2021 P300e (Now sold, new car arriving 03/22)
1,222 Posts
Another vote for LV here....they offer the most comprehensive cover for the money, especially on multi car policies. 👍

·
Registered
159 Posts
3rd vote for LV 👍🏻

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic SE Nolita Grey two tone seats keyless entry black wheels fog lights spare wheel
445 Posts
I was with LV for around 30 years. I left them for one year to save a few quid. They don't want to know me now! For example, for the last two years they were well down the list for price on various comparison sites and just as expensive going direct or going through a motoring organisation. Just yesterday my Aviva renewal came in at £255, LV were asking for £466!

I think a landmark birthday this year may have a bearing on the quotation. ,

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
400 Posts
I took up Land Rover Insurance as the cost from Admiral and others was excessive. Land Rover insure with LV.

·
Registered
2020 D150S manual
51 Posts
Quote me happy!!!
And if I have a prang I get £250 excess from LR if I ring them first.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Quote me happy!!!
And if I have a prang I get £250 excess from LR if I ring them first.
Yeah I got that email too from LR, they're just trying to pinch work from the approved bodyshpp

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts

·
Registered
2022 R-Dynamic SE, P300e Eiger Grey
45 Posts
I took up Land Rover Insurance as the cost from Admiral and others was excessive. Land Rover insure with LV.
Are you sure? I got a quote from LR Insurance and then noticed it was underwritten by Ageas.

I then went to Ageas direct who quoted me in the region of £1300 against the LR quote of circa £425 so that wa obviously a no-no. Ok, when I delved a bit deeper there were several things that weren’t included in the LR quote (can’t remember exactly what) but still nowhere near enough to justify the price difference.

Re NFU…… my favoured company they quoted me £550 which was just too much against Aviva’s £324 for their “Premium” policy. One other thing that came out of my chat with NFU is that the 2 years new for old cover only applies if you own the vehicle or have it on a PCP. If you lease it like I have done the cover reverts to only one year.

it’s a minefield out there….

·
Registered
400 Posts
Are you sure? I got a quote from LR Insurance and then noticed it was underwritten by Ageas.

I then went to Ageas direct who quoted me in the region of £1300 against the LR quote of circa £425 so that wa obviously a no-no. Ok, when I delved a bit deeper there were several things that weren’t included in the LR quote (can’t remember exactly what) but still nowhere near enough to justify the price difference.

Re NFU…… my favoured company they quoted me £550 which was just too much against Aviva’s £324 for their “Premium” policy. One other thing that came out of my chat with NFU is that the 2 years new for old cover only applies if you own the vehicle or have it on a PCP. If you lease it like I have done the cover reverts to only one year.

it’s a minefield out there….
Yep positive as I've got the policy documents which are from LV, includes everything I need. Obviously I'll shop around when it's due in September, just got a cracking deal from Sainsbury's on my wife's car, saved £140 on the renewal from Admiral. For sure in a couple of years we will revert to one car as my wife doesn't like driving that much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yep positive as I've got the policy documents which are from LV, includes everything I need. Obviously I'll shop around when it's due in September, just got a cracking deal from Sainsbury's on my wife's car, saved £140 on the renewal from Admiral. For sure in a couple of years we will revert to one car as my wife doesn't like driving that much.
Well that’s interesting because I’m 100% positive that my quote was Ageas based which would suggest that LR just act as a broker and use a number of different 3rd party insurers, not quite sure what determines which insurance company is selected though. I also was hoping for a decent quote from LV but for whatever reason they were astronomically expensive, in the region of £6-700 from memory. I’m 67, 8 years protected NCD and living in a small town in N Wiltshire so no nasties in there anywhere.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well that’s interesting because I’m 100% positive that my quote was Ageas based which would suggest that LR just act as a broker and use a number of different 3rd party insurers, not quite sure what determines which insurance company is selected though. I also was hoping for a decent quote from LV but for whatever reason they were astronomically expensive, in the region of £6-700 from memory. I’m 67, 8 years protected NCD and living in a small town in N Wiltshire so no nasties in there anywhere.
I'm a little younger at 63 (62 when the insurance was due) with 27 years NCB which I don't think makes a great deal of difference but nice to quote it, we're up in the Peak District which as you as no real nasty's. The wife's car is on 9 years NCB this time as she hit a gate which jumped out in front of her - or so she claims :eek: 😂:rolleyes:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm a little younger at 63 (62 when the insurance was due) with 27 years NCB which I don't think makes a great deal of difference but nice to quote it, we're up in the Peak District which as you as no real nasty's. The wife's car is on 9 years NCB this time as she hit a gate which jumped out in front of her - or so she claims :eek: 😂:rolleyes:
One of the issues with NFU is that no matter how many years of NCD you have they won’t allow you more than 8 years when you move away from them so that’s the maximum you can prove and what has to be put down on the application forms. 🙄

Peak District, love it, worked near Belper between 87 and 99 so got to know the area very well indeed

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
wasn't it Landrover insurance that didn't insure the pano roof if I remember there was something it didn't do .. I had it for 7 days when I took delivery of this one

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
Rob am with your wife on this wife gates have a mind of their own sometimes .. you can tell her that ... I'm on her side,,

Reactions: RobS

·
Registered
400 Posts
Rob am with your wife on this wife gates have a mind of their own sometimes .. you can tell her that ... I'm on her side,,
She's got no excuse now, she's just had both of her lens replaced so she can see. 😇 😂

1 - 20 of 41 Posts