Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@johnny crossan Yes, he mentioned in part 3 that he had to skip a week on the Evoque build :)
It will be interesting to see how it turns out...

·
Registered
MY17- DIESEL 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto AINTREE GREEN - PAN ROOF- KEYLESS- 10.25 " Android Touchscreen
45 Posts
I'm getting uneasy about this repair - hard to believe so many pieced together panels are as strong as the original pressed sheet metal.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm getting uneasy about this repair - hard to believe so many pieced together panels are as strong as the original pressed sheet metal.
Same here. Not one I would like to buy!

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
46 Posts
Never really seen what goes into fixing a Cat S write off. Interesting stuff. I wonder if he'll investigate possible damage to the steering rack, especially knowing the failure issues around them.

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX Waitomo grey Manual
2,142 Posts
Probably will when he finds its scrubbing one tyre or the steering wheel isn't straight

Reactions: Valisk 61 and PhilB

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,072 Posts
It’s great to see they are trying so hard to fix the Evoque and bring it back to life.
It is a worry to see how cutting and welding is required. Will it ever be as good as new ?

Moral of this story is, if the doors don’t fit, leave well alone !! (Oh and a full unadulterated history of the car you are buying).

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The owner is taking a bit of flak in the comments. Some people saying it shouldn't be put back on the road.
He's saying it's staying in the family and not being sold.

Interestingly someone commented saying if someone painstakingly patched up an old rusty classic they might be seen as having done a good job, but cut in metal on a newer car and you're a cut and shut merchant!

Reactions: johnny crossan

·
Registered
MY17- DIESEL 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto AINTREE GREEN - PAN ROOF- KEYLESS- 10.25 " Android Touchscreen
45 Posts
Closing in on completion?

Reactions: HmmmUK
21 - 30 of 30 Posts