Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this might be of interest to some...
This series started yesterday so still too early to say how good it will be, but an ok start :)

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux - Fuji white with the black rimmmms
63 Posts
I thought this might be of interest to some...
This series started yesterday so still too early to say how good it will be, but an ok start :)

Love a good rebuild series . Will continue watching . I watch a lot of samcrac and rich rebuilds on YouTube. They demistify a lot of car repairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX Waitomo grey Manual
2,122 Posts
Love a good rebuilding channel, been watching the goonzquad channel for about a year, two young brothers rebuilding supercars amongst other cars, the 700hp Jeep Cherokee trackhawk they've just finished is epic, that supercharger whine just does it for me

Reactions: DWTK

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you've never watched Project Binky on YT, you're missing out big time. Will defo keep an eye on this one though.

Edit: I sub to a few builds on YT; Project Binky, Homebuilt by Jeff (911, 240Z, Beetle, Alfa 105), Juice Motors (Defender 90's), Geoffrey Croker (Defender & workshop machines), Ronald Finger (a knackered Fiero!)... there's so many - like all the good bits from Wheeler Dealers without all the waffle.

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yeah also watch the project binky by Bad Obsession, been watching their city car cup build too, me and brother used to race superkarts but both retired now but this would interest us, the build and racing it

Reactions: Valisk 61

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow - cool Doink! Bet that was a hoot.

The Bargain Racement series is brilliant - such a great advert for entry level motorsport.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Karting is great fun, not as cheap as you think especially british champ level, a race winning chassis will set you back 4/5k, and engine that is capable of winning races is 3k, plus spares like seats, axles, bodywork, wheels, hubs, nuts/bolts, fuel/oil etc, some guys who win championships pay teams to run them and just arrive and drive but at 2k a weekend it gets a bit silly, a karting version of F1 and watching Merc win every other week

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can believe it! I know a few people in the motorsport business, and if there's one thing it ain't it's cheap!

My old boss used to race karts at a much lower level - until he had a shunt that badly injured him. His hobby nowadays is restoring clocks...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
My brother had a shunt, unsighted and rear ended a stationary kart at 80mph, got thrown clear, knocked out, broke a finger, an arm and a leg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Christ. Lucky to get away with broken bones I guess! :oops:

My boss tail ended someone and somehow the seat lateral support dug in behind his ribs as he was tail ended himself. Very nasty chest injury.

·
Super Moderator
2,588 Posts
Yes very lucky, I broke a Rib Karting, similar thing unsighted into a stationery pile of crashed karts, still have a lump on my back from the seat too! Given that up now.

·
Registered
43 Posts

I see the latest installment is up... Going to be interesting to see how he gets on with that damaged structure.

...and the latest Bad Obsession video is just awesome! (y) 😀

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Watched the Bad Obsession video last night, another great video and also shows what a laugh club level motorsport can be, will watch the evoque build later on, looks interesting

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Did anyone count how many times he told us the front wheel took a heavy hit and the wishbone had snapped lol!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was too busy trying to erase the words 'Calvin Klein' from my memory!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Latest installment of the Bad Obsession Motorsport Bargin Racement City Car Cup for those interested.....

·
Registered
MY 17- EVOQUE DIESEL 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto AINTREE GREEN - PAN ROOF - 10.25 " Android Touchscreen
42 Posts
His latest video is not very inspiring but the RR rebuild continues this Friday with promises of major surgery!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts