Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in tight country lanes and having " escaped" from work,most of my 5000 miles a year are in 10-15 mile chunks.

The Evoque really appeals but problems with the DPF dont

Am I right staying away or am I OK?

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Go for a petrol and you won’t have any issues.

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic HSE MY20.5 Firenze red Sliding sun roof. Now with spare wheel 😀.
217 Posts
…… or a PHEV if you mostly drive less than 30 miles/day and can recharge the battery at home overnight. 😀

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum .. depending on your budget ... I do most of my journeys on country lanes or town work and had a diesel sorry 2 diesels and they were fine with the DPF issue ... but if you're going for a new one I'm with David and would seriously consider a P300E and have it both ways as your journeys will be mostly done in battery but in case needed you have a petrol engine there ....
I've done 1700 miles and filled up once with petrol ... so if you can afford it go for that option cheaper in the long run . even with the prices of electricity going up I still think it's cheaper in the long run ..

Reactions: Maffy and Gtiaps

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
How strange, I drive a Hybrid so why didn’t I think of that-all makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Angel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum .. depending on your budget ... I do most of my journeys on country lanes or town work and had a diesel sorry 2 diesels and they were fine with the DPF issue ... but if you're going for a new one I'm with David and would seriously consider a P300E and have it both ways as your journeys will be mostly done in battery but in case needed you have a petrol engine there ....
I've done 1700 miles and filled up once with petrol ... so if you can afford it go for that option cheaper in the long run . even with the prices of electricity going up I still think it's cheaper in the long run ..
I am looking for a " second" car so its going to be an older one.
This Forum is really superb and I realise that owners are more likely to post about issues than trouble free driving, but the posts about a warranty being essential and the various regular issues erodes my confidence .But thanks guys for doing it!

But I will own up to perhaps continuing to be jealous as an Evoque drives by whilst sat in something boring!

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
I am looking for a " second" car so its going to be an older one.
This Forum is really superb and I realise that owners are more likely to post about issues than trouble free driving, but the posts about a warranty being essential and the various regular issues erodes my confidence .But thanks guys for doing it!

But I will own up to perhaps continuing to be jealous as an Evoque drives by whilst sat in something boring!
Good luck in your search and I'm sure there is one out there with your name on :)

Reactions: DavidA

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
569 Posts
My last 3 cars have been diesel, and apart from the annual holiday trip to the coast, most of my journeys are short ones. I might be lucky, but have never had any 🤞 dpf issues with those cars - I do use Archoil AR6900-D MAX with every full tank of fuel, so maybe that helps, who knows.
After seeing my first Evoque coupe whilst on holiday in the USA, I knew this was the car for me - couldn't afford the petrol version at about 2 grand more, but no regrets with my diesel.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I realise that mine is the new model, but I have never had any warnings other than the top up ad blue. My journeys are almost exclusively short ones, but I was never advised by the dealer before purchasing the car that it wouldn’t be the right thing to do.
When I got the car and joined this forum, I feared the worse, just waiting for what I thought was the inevitable warnings, but to date I have never had any problems with DPF warnings.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
1,199 Posts
Hi @Ian McD,
I have an older one.now on 76k miles and no dpf issues. The early 2.2 diesel engines ( Ford Peugeot engines) have very few problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for both the welcome and very sensible advice.
Its a beautiful car but it comes with too many possible issues for me.

When a senior sales person at my local JLR dealer told me he had seen people ( without JLR warranty) in tears in their service department- I thought he was joking

Best of luck guys!

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Thanks for both the welcome and very sensible advice.
Its a beautiful car but it comes with too many possible issues for me.

When a senior sales person at my local JLR dealer told me he had seen people ( without JLR warranty) in tears in their service department- I thought he was joking

Best of luck guys!
I think though you may find that with other manufactures as well not just JLR but good luck on your search :)

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
1,199 Posts
The guy in the JLR service department no doubt will win the brand ambassador prize this year. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: Ian McD

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
The guy in the JLR service department no doubt will win the brand ambassador prize this year. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
He's probably not far away from the truth though, he's honest I'll give him that 😉

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
If that was Syntner Wakefield it was me, but it was only because the complimentary coffee machine was out of order & I had a waiting appointment 🤦‍♂️😥

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Nowt to do with Syntner-just Wakefield!!!!!;)

Reactions: Binty and DKZ5745

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
4,064 Posts
"Thanks for letting me join. I found the members info very useful.
I realise that my low mileage and moderate speeds on local lanes mean an Evoque is not for me. Thanks- please remove me from the group"

See you...
:rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: o_O

1 - 18 of 18 Posts