Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Lux 2.0 5dr 2013
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered these from eBay RANGE ROVER EVOQUE "CHROME" DOOR SILL TREAD PLATES REAR SET OF 2 | eBay I did so because I had seen a few posts on here of people vouching for the seller and even seeing him as a member on here himself. So been almost a month since the item was posted and the tracking number hasn't been updated by royal mail since 30th of October. I feel like I don't have much choice but to let eBay step in. The seller asked me to give it more time and I waited another week and still nothing.

If others have used him on here before can they offer any advice on delivery times to see if this is longer than it should be

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,333 Posts
What's his username here?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BKTHEBOSS

his name is Baris from what i understand there was a fair amount of posts or at least replies to a post

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,595 Posts
He hasn't been on here for 7 months.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He hasn't been on here for 7 months.
Just to be clear i'm not trying to put any blame on this forum or the people on it. was just saying that i saw loads of people getting them from him and seeing to be fine so when i saw his post on ebay i thought he would be ok and i'm not saying he has 100% scammed me. just wanted to see if people remembered him or remember buying them to get a guide on how long it took for them

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,062 Posts
Yes I used Baris, BK the Boss quite a few years ago and had excellent service and comms.
My rear treads are still stuck fast and look great 👍

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I used Baris, BK the Boss quite a few years ago and had excellent service and comms.
My rear treads are still stuck fast and look great 👍
Thank you. I have said to him i don't think he is trying to scam me based on all the reviews but how long do i wait thats the question.
Do you remember how long delivery took roughly?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,333 Posts
Looks legit (but most threads are from a few years ago!).
Remember the world isn't 'normal' at the moment so lots of companies and people are struggling!

Perhaps @bktheboss will pop up here :)

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,595 Posts
Just to be clear i'm not trying to put any blame on this forum or the people on it. was just saying that i saw loads of people getting them from him and seeing to be fine so when i saw his post on ebay i thought he would be ok and i'm not saying he has 100% scammed me. just wanted to see if people remembered him or remember buying them to get a guide on how long it took for them
It's ok, I didn't take it that way. I was just saying that he hadn't been on.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,062 Posts
Thank you. I have said to him i don't think he is trying to scam me based on all the reviews but how long do i wait thats the question.
Do you remember how long delivery took roughly?
I can’t really remember but it doesn’t stick in my mind as a worrying long time!

·
Registered
Evoque Hse dynamic lux sd4
28 Posts
May be nothing but I had a right problem with royal mail late last year and also this year as well tracking never seems to update. The parts either turn up or not you seem to be in the lap of the gods with them I've had endless stuff go missing with them so contact him though ebay first if no success then make it official

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
May be nothing but I had a right problem with royal mail late last year and also this year as well tracking never seems to update. The parts either turn up or not you seem to be in the lap of the gods with them I've had endless stuff go missing with them so contact him though ebay first if no success then make it official
I've spoke with him on eBay and he asked me to give it a few more days and i gave it a week and still no updates on royal mail. I don't want to go through eBay if he has done nothing wrong and royal mail are just being slow just a case of how long do i wait before my hands are tied. I messaged him again last night and he said he has made an official request to royal mail to find out where it is and thinks it will be updated or delivered sometime this week. Do i wait another entire week though thats the question

·
Super Moderator
2,588 Posts
I dealt with Baris in the early days and he's always been good, and do still have those tread plates on mine, If you have direct contact with him, and he's investigated, then give it a few more days, but you do need to keep any eye on ebay policy about returns etc, I'm sure he'll refund if they just don't turn up, but ultimately you are best staying inside the buyer protection rules within ebay.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
203 Posts
+1 for tracking not updating, a different supplier, posted me a suspension spring tracked and I got no updates. Seller gave great comms and said it was threatening his business. Part turned up about three weeks later postmark date and tracking number exactly as seller has said. Royal Mail pretty poor sometimes with larger items. Parcelforce (different company but still post office) seem better based on my recent experience of posting a few items.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,333 Posts
+1 for tracking not updating, a different supplier, posted me a suspension spring tracked and I got no updates. Seller gave great comms and said it was threatening his business. Part turned up about three weeks later postmark date and tracking number exactly as seller has said. Royal Mail pretty poor sometimes with larger items. Parcelforce (different company but *still post office) seem better based on my recent experience of posting a few items.
*Royal Mail. The Post Office is a completely different company :)

Our post is in a right mess due to Covid which has created a staff shortage :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts