Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help !!

I have a Evoque 2013 SD4 Pure Tech. The rear door will not open from the outside and the child lock in on, so can't get in ?

Does anyone know how to open the door ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Hi and welcome, oh thats a nasty one, I would think you will have to get a mechanic or AA or RAC to try a car thief's method of 'fishing' for the locks mechanism/cables, which might work to get the door unlocked, or get a mechanic to get the door card off with the door shut, to access the lock mechanism from inside. (might have to destroy door card in the process, depending where the fixings of the door card are :eek:)

Door locks are the Achiles heel of the Evoque (thats the pre-flush handles models, God knows what faults they will eventually have), and either the solinoid has broke so you need a new lock or you have friction on the moving parts requiring lubrication.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Help !!

I have a Evoque 2013 SD4 Pure Tech. The rear door will not open from the outside and the child lock in on, so can't get in ?

Does anyone know how to open the door ?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

@KEvinW posted similar problems a few days ago. Hopefully he'll update us with how he got out of trouble?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
This is a good lesson to learn, if you don't need the child locks on make sure they are off. I have never given this any thought until I read this thread

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
True,
This is a good lesson to learn, if you don't need the child locks on make sure they are off. I have never given this any thought until I read this thread
True, but if you ever have rear passengers then it would have come up as they wouldn't be able to get out :)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I don't let anybody in the back of mine. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes I have the same problem. Hopefully getting it sorted under warranty on Monday. If not, I will be back to look at the couple of possible fixes in the other thread.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yes I have the same problem. Hopefully getting it sorted under warranty on Monday. If not, I will be back to look at the couple of possible fixes in the other thread.
Hi - the OP (original poster) seems to have disappeared, glad you are still around :)
Your own thread doesn't say what happened.

It would be nice to know how you got on with this...

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
How do you take child locks off I’ve been meaning to do this since I bought it 2 years ago

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi - the OP (original poster) seems to have disappeared, glad you are still around :)
Your own thread doesn't say what happened.

It would be nice to know how you got on with this...
Hi HmmmUK. I’m pleased to report that mine got fixed under warranty a couple of weeks ago😀
It’s convinced me that I need to take out an extended warranty as I suspect other doors could well suffer the same fate.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hi HmmmUK. I’m pleased to report that mine got fixed under warranty a couple of weeks ago😀
It’s convinced me that I need to take out an extended warranty as I suspect other doors could well suffer the same fate.
Good to know. I guess you don't know how they managed, in case it helps others?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
"How do you take child locks off I’ve been meaning to do this since I bought it 2 years ago " was asked by Donna,
I'll reference the enquirer next time.

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Mine doesn’t show on either Will I am .... 2015 model will google it later thankyou anyway

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Give me a minute I will pop out and check.... that link only went to 2016 😂

1 - 20 of 27 Posts