Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 2016 plate Evoque with the obligatory foggy rear camera.
To solve the issue I took the camera apart to find that the condensation is inside the actual lense and impossible to get at. So I put the lense in a plastic bag over night with some silica gel capsules. Having put it all back together, the camera view is now practically as good as new.
Finally I put silicon sealant round the exterior of the camera lense so hopefully the problem wont reoccur.
Much cheaper than a £175 new camera.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 2016 plate Evoque with the obligatory foggy rear camera.
To solve the issue I took the camera apart to find that the condensation is inside the actual lense and impossible to get at. So I put the lense in a plastic bag over night with some silica gel capsules. Having put it all back together, the camera view is now practically as good as new.
Finally I put silicon sealant round the exterior of the camera lense so hopefully the problem wont reoccur.
Much cheaper than a £175 new camera. View attachment 6390
Thanks for posting. I’ll give it a go when mine goes 🙂

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today, have reluctantly joined the 'foggy cam owners club';).After all the discussions on the forums, do we finally know why the rear camera is misting up.Is it the seal on the cam itself or as some have said,the inside of the housing getting moisture in.Lastly has anyone done a diy fix for this issue like perhaps filling the void with moisture retardant foam as I doubt if LR will do a 'fix' on mine at it is 2012 vintage.
I’ve had 4 new camera’s fitted to my 2015 Evoque all worked fine in the summer but fogged up badly round winter time! Just bought a 2018 autobiography but noticed the camera foggy since last week! Obviously a bad design fault! Thought the later model would have been ok but alas no!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts