Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

The contrast on the Dynamic Silver bumper to Black skid plate makes the rear look really special especially with the square exhaust.

A while back while driving on the M25 a Pure and a new SE Tech went past me together and the contrast on the SE black and grey looked so much better than the Pure silver and grey especially as they got further away.

There was a thread about this last week an the option of a pro £120 spray job vs DIY spray vs a wrap.

This was my DIY attempt yesterday, as it turns out applying the wrap is a little more difficult than some of the YouTube pros make it look, but it is certainly not beyond most people. The great thing is that if you make a massive **** up you can peal it off and start again or leave it the way it was, unlike a spray job.

Clean and prep with panel wipe to make sure the wrap adheres to the plastic....

Mark out and roughly cut to shape.....

Loosely offer up the wrap with backing removed, then the difficult bit starts....

Now by carefully heating and smoothing and removing the wrinkles and air bubbles, this is what it ends up looking like.
I suppose it took an hour from start to finish. I'll take a few more pictures when the car is nice and clean.

Good luck if you give it a go.......

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Looks very neat indeed. Good job. That's the carbon fibre style wrap, isn't it? Are you going to do the front end as well?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in the same quandary, have changed mine up as well, bit different just to get the "look". I used wrap (aluminium) on the centre horizontal section and plasti dipped the verticals in in silver metalizer over black. Am still debating to continue the plasti dip to the horizontal section as well. Another idea I have is to do the horizontal in black / silver metalizer and also wrap the rear bumper skid plate but in possibly the aluminium wrap as I have a heap left over.

Did the badges as well plasti dip black with gloss 2 coats.

Be interested to see what else has been done, just to get that "different look."

Cheers

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Andy. Yes Carbon Fibre, 2m x 0.5m was only £6.50 and enough to do the front skid, which should be easier as you can do it off the car.

xoz. Do you have to get the parts off the car to Plastidip? I prefer a simple colour palette, so my Evoque is black and silver. The contrast shows the shape of the rear bumper thing that surrounds the skid plate.
It's difficult to advise as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but simple and contrasting is good.Edited by: CoolBlueWhyte

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just mask up and lay down coates x 6, true true. Good thing is plasti dip is reversible in minutes, same as wrap, which has held up real well btw.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay team, what are your thoughts on this product from Powerful?
I wrapped this section almost 5 years ago and it’s looking a little tired now ☹
This does not look quite as clean and simple as the dynamic diffuser, but I think it looks very smart alternative and easy to install.
As always Simon does a great fitting video even for these simple components.
Opinions, good or bad…please.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
Saw it the other day, looks pretty cool when reading your first post on wrapping yours I thought of this video but youd beat me to it

Reactions: CoolBlueWhyte

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,989 Posts
Opinions, good or bad…please.
I also saw this video the other day - looks ok.
Hard to say how good it is without seeing it in the flesh though.
Perhaps if your wrap lasted 5 years, which is pretty good, you could do that again if you aren't convinced this is right for you?

Reactions: CoolBlueWhyte

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sooooo much easier than a wrap!
Thought I’d give it a go and I think it looks okay, especially with the shiny Santorini on top and this gloss black below.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
2,746 Posts
You got one then from Powerful, looks factory (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts