Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes thanks to all who participated and gave good advice - let's hope there's no more issues ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Excellent news, good to hear that its a positive result.... something for me to check at the weekend.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Well done ... shame you have to fight so hard to get these issues that shouldn’t really be occurring on a premium brand car fixed ....nobody going to be happy paying 40k plus for a car to have any kind of problem that the dealership is not happy to address especially after 13000 miles .... I’m sent JLR s CEO a duck and cover t shirt for Christmas .... love evoque owners club xx

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The fact only the inner pads are worn is proof in itself that something is wrong (almost certainly seized slider pins)....
If the slider pins were siezed, it would be the outer pads that would be sticking on, not the inners. If inners are worn, that would indicate a sticking caliper piston.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,885 Posts
Wow this is a real shocker.
It’s incredible how the brake wear differs from Evoque to Evoque, I appreciate that driving styles and faults make a significant difference but over the years there have been lots of brake stories.

So I have now done over 77,000 miles on the original front discs and pads. I changed the rear pads at 45,000 miles kept the discs as they were within tolerance.

I probably have about 3mm of pads left on both front and rear, so plan to change all the discs and pads over the coming months when the weather warms up a bit.

All the sevens, 7 years and 77,000 miles is not too bad when the brakes are working properly :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
If the slider pins were siezed, it would be the outer pads that would be sticking on, not the inners. If inners are worn, that would indicate a sticking caliper piston.
My bad :) , was thinking uneven wear when brake operated rather than drag when not. However subsequent post saying dealer blaming corrosion on inner face suggests we're both wrong.... or perhaps the dealer. :LOL:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here in New Zealand my wife has a 2012 Evoque and I had to change the rear brake pads at 60,000Km. The rotors on the rear discs were extremely worn [for # of km's] also but I managed to get them to go another round. I think the pads and the rotors on the back are soft from the factory. We've got 150,000 kms on the car now and the rear pads are still comfortably legal.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts