Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I hope that someone can help me, I've spent the last 5/6 years lusting after an Evoque and finally purchased one last month. Its a 63 with 75k on the clock.

Upon driving away from the dealership (prestige garage selling lots of RR) I noticed a judder between 1600-2000 revs usually when doing 30, 40 or 50, it went away when gear changing with flappy paddles.

I told myself it could just be old fuel etc especially if the car hadn't been driven for a few weeks whilst being marketed, after a full tank of fuel and a few days driving it was still apparent so I called the garage, they picked up the car and have had it ever since... now THREE weeks :(

They have had the rear differential and haldex refurbished and are currently awaiting a new front differential... having never owned a RR (10 years of mini ownership with 0 reliability issues) I'm concerned and wondering if this is the problem or wether I've just signed myself up for a future of constant repair bills...

Can anyone shed any light if this sounds correct?

Many thanks

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Try the reset, XZ4 has the details, or at least knows where to find them, they may help.

·
Super Moderator
10,743 Posts
Lazy bugger Maffy. I had to look for the reset thread 😜. I don't think it'll help but here's the link anyway.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
And that XZ4, is why I have staff!!!! LOL:D:geek::cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses... I’m just worried about it as Evoques are new to me.
Do you think the new differentials & haldex will solve it?
Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
All you can do is make sure you’re completely satisfied that the car is perfect when you eventually get it back. Sounds like a decent dealer you’ve bought it from, a lot would have tried to fob you off until you threaten them with some sort of action. I bought mine from what sounds like a similar dealer, I know I payed slightly more but I also know they would look after me if there was a problem as I’ve bought 4 cars from them before and tested that thery. On the plus side you’re getting a lot of expensive work done under warranty so should be ok for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
2,358 Posts
I seem to remember a few people mentioning vibrations around 1400 rpm in mid series 1 Evoques, hopefully they will sort it since otherwise you should be able to ask for your money back.

You might want to open that discussion with the dealer in case it doesn't get fixed, at least that option is out there and available to you, it sounds like you are still in the first 28 days.

Hopefully they will fix it, as it sounds like they are trying, and it'll be fine after that.

I do wonder if dealers deliberately wait till cars with faults are in owners hands before fixing obvious problems as it sounds like this was there from the start, maybe it helps with warranty work payment, but its terrible for the image of JLR.

When looking for my Jag I saw a number that all had obvious issues, that for me, think why try to sell it without fixing that as I just walked away, when mentioned to salesmen they just gave the "they're all like that" type of answer as if I was mad pointing out badly fitting bumpers, poor paint respray work etc etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts