Evoque Owners Club banner

101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
I had my Jag detailed then done with CarPro’s Quartz, great result.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
And jolly nice it looks too Mr

·
Registered
826 Posts
I've got a local car detailer (who I've used before) who has offered to do a new car treatment using Autotriz or Gtechniq for about £400-£500 depending on whether it needs any correction. He also said to me to get the dealer to not touch the car or wash it at all beforehand, otherwise it will need correction!
I'm still in two minds about this and giving it some thought.
Quite common if you are having a new one professionally detailed and dealers will leave them untouched if you ask for it.
Having seen the blokes cleaning the used ones out the front of my dealer, the first thing when I take it in for anything is No washing!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes - totally agree.

I've got a local car detailer (who I've used before) who has offered to do a new car treatment using Autotriz or Gtechniq for about £400-£500 depending on whether it needs any correction. He also said to me to get the dealer to not touch the car or wash it at all beforehand, otherwise it will need correction!

I'm still in two minds about this and giving it some thought.
All of the Evoques I've owned have needed a single stage polish (they've either been Santori Black or Carpathian Grey so probably not helped having dark colours).

If you get a ceramic coating I think it's worth getting the paint corrected beforehand. Gtechniq was a very good product as the car was easy to maintain using snow foam and a two bucket wash. I've treated myself to a DI water filter for the final rinse on the new black car.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Quite common if you are having a new one professionally detailed and dealers will leave them untouched if you ask for it.
Having seen the blokes cleaning the used ones out the front of my dealer, the first thing when I take it in for anything is No washing!!!
I managed to get the MY17 untouched by the dealer but despite making this request on the new car it was prepared before delivery to a fairly low standard (some swirl marks and residue left on the alloys). They also missed a couple of paint nibs that they offered to fix in a JLR body shop but I declined and let the detailer sort it. I do keep a "Do Not Wash" sign in boot for the trips to a dealer to avoid the complementary wash with the gritty sponge 😄

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
As my car has been delayed, I’ve bought this as a consolation.

Shame it has the 21” wheels, but at least I can look at it and wonder about how long it might be before I meet the full size version!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I’m led to believe that as my new FE is in factory build now (due to be completed this Saturday), will likely be a 2020.5 model year Evoque.

What would that actually mean?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It’s exactly the same as a 2020 with a .5 on the end

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Ok. Thanks for clarifying

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Update this morning is my car is now in quality checking.

From this recent video it appears Halewood work Monday to Friday, which is why I guess I’ve been told by Monday there will be more to update me on.

Reactions: ScreamingDead

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Just received a VIN number now for my factory build, so can check stuff on Topix. Still in Quality Control today (hope they've not found too many quality issues!).

As I have been advised no paper owners handbook is supplied with my almost £51k vehicle, I decided to find one on eBay. £41.50 later and its on its way.

At least I won't have to sit huddled over a phone looking stuff up, much prefer a printed manual, although I know its not the best!

Now to find a document wallet to put it in.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Ebay again-you'll find one there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Thanks a lot.

There are number of different style ones. Which type of document wallet was supplied with the New Evoque at launch I wonder?

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Guessing that all depends on the style. size of the service booklet-any idea's?
Mine was about 8 inches envelope type but some are quite thin and long with a top opening.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I'm wondering about this one to accommodate the handbook. No service book, so its only to hold the owners manual:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
That will do it nicely, whatever the dimentions of the service book.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Excellent. Its only to hold one of these:

If I get one with the new car, I won't be very happy. Dealer has said no manual or document wallet, just some quick start guide and a cardboard folder. Oh and no umbrella, as I asked about that as well!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Excellent. Its only to hold one of these:

If I get one with the new car, I won't be very happy. Dealer has said no manual or document wallet, just some quick start guide and a cardboard folder. Oh and no umbrella, as I asked about that as well!

You could sell it on eBay if you do 😘..... don’t forget the brolly , rubber mats . Boot liner 😂😂

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Yes you’re right. Anything I end up with two of, I’ll definitely post on here first.

I hope the car turns up very soon as I’ve bought various things on the assumption that I won’t get them supplied with it. Knowing my luck the car will fall off the transporter or fail quality checking!

I’ve even ordered a Chipex Nolita Grey kit for it. Perhaps I can use it on the 1:43rd scale model I bought, that arrived with a door mirror missing!

Been on the phone about ceramic coating - with coating of the wheels. I’m looking at £935. Not sure really as that seems an awful lot of money.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
That’s for 2 stage detailing, 1 stage would be about half that

101 - 120 of 198 Posts