Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
8,972 Posts
Do you get optional extras on the first edition?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,263 Posts
Limited list of options on the FE Donna

·
Registered
8,972 Posts
Thought I’d read somewhere that was the case

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Gesture boot was an option on mine, and standard on the HSE. The saleswoman tried to show me it and couldn’t get it to work, but it was never something I was going to have anyway.
My blind closes every time I turn the car off & opens as soon as the ignition comes on. I thought they had told me you could set it to stay open or closed or any position in between. I haven’t looked to see how as I’m quite happy with what it’s doing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Gesture boot was an option on mine, and standard on the HSE. The saleswoman tried to show me it and couldn’t get it to work, but it was never something I was going to have anyway.
My blind closes every time I turn the car off & opens as soon as the ignition comes on. I thought they had told me you could set it to stay open or closed or any position in between. I haven’t looked to see how as I’m quite happy with what it’s doing.
I spent 3 years looking like an idiot waving my foot under the bumper and occasionally the boot opened - decided it wasn't an option I needed on the new car (along with keyless entry and a clear view mirror).

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Went for the clear view mirror but not the keyless entry. I had a long chat with the Sales woman about security & decided keyless wasn’t something that was important to me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Rencar - The interior appearance is precisely what made me choose the Evoque (against a second Jag XE) - I really like it. I'm not as pleased as I hoped I would be with the car as a whole, given that I was daft enough to spend much more than £40k, and thus incur silly road tax. I wouldn't buy another, I'm sorry to say. Mine's a 2.0T S . It goes quite well, and is a great M-Way cruiser, but very thirsty compared with the similar engined Jag - no doubt caused by weight, 4WD, frontal area etc. Much more spacious than the Jag, of course.......I tried an E-Pace but couldn't take to it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Went for the clear view mirror but not the keyless entry. I had a long chat with the Sales woman about security & decided keyless wasn’t something that was important to me.
Security was my main concern with keyless entry, I know it can be switched off but seemed better not to have it at all. I couldn't use the clear view mirror as I wear varifocals and can't focus on the mirror in clear view mode. I wasn't very keen on the leather in the HSE so went for the SE and spent the difference on matrix headlights and adaptive dynamics.

·
Registered
2020 Silicon Silver RR Evoque R Dynamic HSE P300
74 Posts
I have the RDynamic HSE with most of the options. Missing HUD and ionisation.
i didn’t go for it (ionisation) as I thought I’d it’s that’s effective it might remove that new car smell!
When it starts getting cold and frosty can you defrost the car including front and rear screens and if possible put the heated seats on!! Now that would be nice👍

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have the RDynamic HSE with most of the options. Missing HUD and ionisation.
i didn’t go for it (ionisation) as I thought I’d it’s that’s effective it might remove that new car smell!
When it starts getting cold and frosty can you defrost the car including front and rear screens and if possible put the heated seats on!! Now that would be nice👍
Which you can do with LandRover Remote 👍

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,768 Posts
I have the First Edition, has HUD which sometimes you forget is even there even though its straight in front of you, but not got the ionisation, I could remotely start the car with the remote app until I had the Ghost immobiliser fitted which requires a certain button/switch/sequence pressed in the car which now stops the remote app starting it, clear view mirror yes, useful on occasion, not got gesture boot which doesn't sound too useful but has the keyless entry which is improved on previous versions as the key goes to sleep after being still for a certain length of time. Panoramic roof, yes, I like but no option to leave blind open when not in car if that's your kind of thing(?)

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Rencar - The interior appearance is precisely what made me choose the Evoque (against a second Jag XE) - I really like it. I'm not as pleased as I hoped I would be with the car as a whole, given that I was daft enough to spend much more than £40k, and thus incur silly road tax. I wouldn't buy another, I'm sorry to say. Mine's a 2.0T S . It goes quite well, and is a great M-Way cruiser, but very thirsty compared with the similar engined Jag - no doubt caused by weight, 4WD, frontal area etc. Much more spacious than the Jag, of course.......I tried an E-Pace but couldn't take to it.
People here are really helpful - thanks. Really helps hearing from current First Edition owners as well.

I've been doing the comparison of kit between this model and the R-Dynamic HSE (with privacy and glass roof option). The FE is easier to get hold of (in stock), as it has all the options and more from new. Love the look of the FE and copper coloured parts.

I also absolutely love the latest RRE interior, but I'm worried about the practicality of the very specific First Edition black and white interior, along with the white dash, door trim and armrests. Its a shame the interior upholstery is only available in the one colour, as I'd would have gone for black leather for ease. Its only ever likely to be driven by me, with the most ever being two people in the car, so I guess not a huge amount of work?

I had full ivory leather in my XF, and I did find that black trousers and jeans caused a little colour noticeable on the seats, requiring more cleaning/maintenance.

So as well as availability now, the FE also seems to have some good discounts (more than the R-Dynamic HSE). In particular the used ones seem good value.

I do worry though, that comments and reviews I've seen, people say they wouldn't have another one!

·
Registered
2020 Silicon Silver RR Evoque R Dynamic HSE P300
74 Posts
People here are really helpful - thanks. Really helps hearing from current First Edition owners as well.

I've been doing the comparison of kit between this model and the R-Dynamic HSE (with privacy and glass roof option). The FE is easier to get hold of (in stock), as it has all the options and more from new. Love the look of the FE and copper coloured parts.

I also absolutely love the latest RRE interior, but I'm worried about the practicality of the very specific First Edition black and white interior, along with the white dash, door trim and armrests. Its a shame the interior upholstery is only available in the one colour, as I'd would have gone for black leather for ease. Its only ever likely to be driven by me, with the most ever being two people in the car, so I guess not a huge amount of work?

I had full ivory leather in my XF, and I did find that black trousers and jeans caused a little colour noticeable on the seats, requiring more cleaning/maintenance.

So as well as availability now, the FE also seems to have some good discounts (more than the R-Dynamic HSE). In particular the used ones seem good value.

I do worry though, that comments and reviews I've seen, people say they wouldn't have another one!
I must admit I was swaying to the FE in souel silver with black roof. However this P300 RDynamic HSE was on the showroom floor and I got a very healthy discount. I had a feeling the discount didn’t come from the dealer but LR themselves wishing to move stock they had built up over the last few months.
in the end the car was significantly cheaper than any FE I was looking at and I’m not sure if there are any further options I could have specified. Matrix lights perhaps and definitely the cooled and massage seats if they were not so hideously expensive!
With the light evenings I’ve yet to try out the ambient lighting or see if the threshold strips are illuminated.
Is illuminated threshold strips standardon the RD HSE?
The only bug bear (and nearly a reason not to buy the car) was the FE grey and black leather. Like you I was concerned it wouldn’t hold up to wear. Also like you I’m the only one driving it and rarely has passengers. However in the three weeks I’ve owned it it’s grown on me. All black interior including roof lining may have been too much.
I was lucky as I’ve just joined a Germany based company who gave a very healthy car allowance with a directive to buy British(!). They also are covering all maintenance and tax so the <£40K margin was not an issue!
Apparently in Germany company car is not a perk but a requirement to support the car industry. They don’t have car allowance so when I asked and explained why a CC was not a good idea they just rolled all CC ‘perks‘ to the allowance.
That made me happy!!
Russ

·
Registered
266 Posts

Hi Rencar

The FE is a well specified car, there were a few options that I wanted like 360 cameras, adaptive dynamics, P300 etc that weren't available so the FE didn't suite my needs but it's still a good choice especially if you can get a healthy discount.

I'm on my third Evoque and I'd certainly have another one in the future, the new model is a lovely car to drive, my main issue with JLR is the dealers but that's another story.

Regards

SD

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
358 Posts
Unfortunately the FE doesn’t allow some options I would want and the limited colours / interiors really put me off. The cost of the options I do want on the HSE and the complete loss of that value when it comes to trade in time puts me off that too.

I’ll wait on them bringing out an autobiography.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I'm guessing, but would all First Editions have been built last year, as the car launched and any brand new unregistered ones perhaps have stood around for a while?

Looking into Topix and build dates, it only seems to mention Model Year 2020. Is this the latest build spec? Is there a way of determining actual build date from a VIN or Topix?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The MY2020 went on sale in 2019. I have recently seen a FE in a showroom, so they’re either not all sold, or they’re still making them.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,768 Posts
There's bound to be some good offers on just now given the current state of the market.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I've made the one call to a dealer (for a new white one) and at the moment the discount is 5.3% off list - not sure how that compares yet

21 - 40 of 203 Posts