Evoque Owners Club banner

181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,094 Posts
You don’t see how the handles were retracted. Opening shots show them out, then it cuts to another view and they are retracted.
???When I watch it he presses a button on the handle to make them retract.

Presumably that's locking things.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Your right, I missed that bit skipping through to 4.30. The car must have keyless entry, mine doesn’t do that with the handles, only with the remote. (I didn’t listen to the video either).

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,256 Posts
You don’t see how the handles were retracted. Opening shots show them out, then it cuts to another view and they are retracted.
As Veteran said when you either lock the car, or drive off, the handles retract. When they do so, the cars doors and fuel cap are locked.
I don’t think there is a way of having the handles retracted and the car unlocked - it would be pointless anyway as you couldn’t open the doors, so as XZ4 says, the model in the video must not have a locking fuel cap.
Watch from 4.00-4.25 he presses the drivers door handle and all the handles retract.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yes, seen it now. Keyless entry. In any case, the car is definitely locked & the fuel flap isn’t.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Beware the sometimes weird different specs from country to country.
It can cause quite a bit of confusion sometimes.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
People have guns in America and fuel is cheaper so not much risk of someone syphoning off your fuel.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Anyone with a new RRE First Edition - would you mind confirming whether you get the illuminated load space treadplate as standard. I know the front treadplates are illuminated, but wasn't sure about the boot one:

In this Youtube video at 5 minutes 11 seconds, it shows a First Edition with this fitted:

I like the idea of these, and notice its available in the accessories catalogue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, but pointless for me as I have a flap for the dog that I pull over to protect the bumper.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Thanks for that - I'd almost ordered earlier, the official accessory item online, as I thought they looked good and didn't even realise they were standard on the FE.

There is absolutely no mention of these illuminated boot tread plates anywhere in the brochures or price guide, so yet another bonus to look forward to. They list at £308 including fitting!

I hadn't even realised there was a rear tailgate wiper until the other day when I saw it tucked underneath the rear spoiler.

I also noticed that near the rear reversing camera there appears to be what looks like a washer jet. Is this a camera wash jet and when does that actually operate?

·
Registered
962 Posts
It's LHD so not a UK spec.
There are many country variations so you need to check these videos carefully.
Have a look at the UK configurator for what is standard kit and what options are available.

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #192 (Edited)
Thanks - I've thoroughly checked the configurator, but no mention of it at all. Also Topix makes no mention of the illuminated boot tread plate either.

However, checking approved UK spec First edition vehicles currently for sale on Land Rovers UK website, the boot chrome tread plate on all the FE appears to be illuminated as they are a slightly different design to those on the non FE versions.

I've captured a couple of screenshots below of a pretty new UK FE and similar UK R-Dynamic HSE to highlight it:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes it washes the camera at some point, I am guessing when it does the headlights.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks - I've thoroughly checked the configurator, but no mention of it at all. Also Topix makes no mention of the illuminated boot tread plate either.

However, checking approved UK spec First edition vehicles currently for sale on Land Rovers UK website, the boot chrome tread plate on all the FE appears to be illuminated as they are a slightly different design to those on the non FE versions.

I've captured a couple of screenshots below of a pretty new UK FE and similar UK R-Dynamic HSE to highlight it:

View attachment 5717 View attachment 5718

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
That’s really good news. Thank you for the photograph.

The VIN number I’ve been given for my new FE, makes no mention of it either. Checking an earlier VIN on Topix of an older FE, it’s not listed either.

I do wonder why Land Rover don’t make any mention of this in any of the specs for the First Edition.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
I just received this email from Land Rover. Given Halewood production is on Summer shutdown until the 17th August, I suspect this is perhaps automated and not linked to actual real status?

Interestingly though, checking the VIN on Topix now shows a WVTA entry, which previously it didn't. So perhaps it really is on the move?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Ordered one of these today. I’ve got a similar storage box in my current car and found them to be very useful This is designed to sit in the centre box of the Evoque.

Worth a punt, even though it’ll take some while to reach us from China:

181 - 200 of 203 Posts