Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm really confused about the 2020 First Edition Range Rover Evoque. Hoping some people could answer the various questions I have pre-purchase!

I am considering either the First Edition 180 or the R-Dynamic HSE 180.

I think the First Edition is actually based on the SE, but with lots of extras.

I've read the thread about the cameras on the First Edition, but could someone explain if I got a First Edition, how would the cameras on the car be different from a R-Dynamic HSE 180?

Do I not get a front camera on the FE / Is a front camera standard fit then on the R-Dynamic HSE 180?

Also, there seem to be some really good discounts available on the First Edition, which aren't as generous for the R-Dynamic HSE. I'm still worried the interior of the First Edition will be very difficult to keep clean and will mark easily - is the interior mix the reason people aren't buying the First Edition?

Thanks

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,745 Posts
There's no 'surround camera system' fitted to the 'First Edition', even though Topix might suggest it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh OK thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

Is the surround camera system fitted as standard to other non First edition models or is it an option?

I'm just trying to establish if I went for a First Edition over an R-Dynamic HSE, would I be losing out on cameras or anything else.?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's really helpful, thanks.

Any First Edition owners, please do share your thoughts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a petrol FE and love it. It’s a bit thirsty but a very nice drive and has all the things I wanted, no Surround cameras but I don’t go off road and it’s not a large car so not a requirement for me. The lights are fantastic, the stereo is good, heated wheel was nice although it has a metal band in it that looks fab but stays cold. An annoying little thing is that you can’t “lock” the roof blind open, it slides closed every time you get out. You can leave it closed.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
So what changed that you can't lock the blind open? I find that a bit strange-opened mine when I collected it and in 3 years never closed it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So what changed that you can't lock the blind open? I find that a bit strange-opened mine when I collected it and in 3 years never closed it.
No idea, dealer said that it’s to keep the interior cool, my GLC would just close it if it got hot when locked.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
How strange, I would check that out-not familiar with the settings on the new one -sorry.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It's to stop the interior temperature becoming too hot when parked up in a country that has a reasonable amount of sunshine, can be set to automatically open when start button is pressed so no hardship really, Is there any particular reason for wanting it open when its parked and empty?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,892 Posts
I wonder how many 'cycles' the motor can manage?!

Hopefully they aren't made by the door lock actuator people :rolleyes:

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
exactly my thoughts-just something else to fail and require fixing.

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
It's been mentioned on here before that the roof blind on the MY20 Evoques closes every time you turn the ignition off.

Reactions: Whilliam

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
still seems strange, ah well.

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
Like Maffy, I never closed the blind.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would never close the blind but I am not allowed to!
I does make for a lot of motors going at the same time, four in the doors , seat, steer wheel, satnav screen, not to mention if it’s raining.

·
Registered
76 Posts
On ours if you close the blind before turning ignition off when you next unlock and press the start button it stays shut or open it halfway then next unlock/start it opens halfway but every time you lock it shuts the blind fully, can’t find any settings to change this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does the First Edition not have the gesture boot opening? Looking at the build comparison it appears not.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
No.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
I always thought it was an optional extra, may be wrong though.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts