Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Pure Tech 2.2 SD4 Fuji White & Black Pack
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got the chance of a Racechip Pro2 V1 tuning box.
It’s never been fitted, the guy bought it for his Freelander 2 TD4.
It just goes inline on the fuel pressure sensor to ECU harness and you can set it to more performance or fuel economy or a happy medium of the two.
I’ve emailed Racechip to see if it will be compatible, just waiting for them to reply.
So my questions are, has anyone got any experience of this or any other plug and play type tuning boxes, and are they any good, worth having?
Wood Rectangle Bumper Hardwood Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Wood Audio equipment Font Electric blue
Font Rectangle Indoor games and sports Display device Communication Device

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
61 Posts
I have one of these fitted

and its been fine for the last 12 month I did notice a difference pulling off etc fuel wise about the same but I'm happy with my return as iv said on other posts I covered 700mile 4 adults all luggage and it cost about £90 so well pleased.

My mate has a 2014 2.2 and mi e left him for dead lol.

Il definitely know the difference on the 30th as I'm having mine remapped not for any big gains but purley to have a car that can run as sweet as possible through all the range 😀.

Once mapped my box will probably be for sale its still got 12 month warranty on it too 😀😀

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the insight, I think I might go for it if it turns out it’s compatible.
Nothing to lose really, just read a few horror stories of cars going into limp mode, blowing head gaskets, so the more positive stories the better really.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
709 Posts
I understand these type of boxes work by tricking the ECU into thinking the fuel pressure is a bit low, so the ECU injects more fuel, hence more power. It also confuses the trip computer which thinks less fuel has been used so can give good mpg readings as well. You would have to do manual calculations by topping the tank up to see what the real consumption is. I have not heard any horror stories, just uses more fuel to get more power.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that’s thrown a spanner in the works 🤣😂🤣.
Must admit the lower fuel consumption was a plus point I was using to convince Mrs Hoseman lol.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
709 Posts
Rarely is there a freebie..

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,929 Posts
I fitted a Racechip box on a Renault van a few years ago and i could feel an improvement in performance. MPG was better too unless I used all the extra performance. The van was much better to drive and gor off it's mark much better than before.

Would I fit another one. Probably not as you get a remap for less money.

Reactions: Gtiaps

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
433 Posts
I understand these type of boxes work by tricking the ECU into thinking the fuel pressure is a bit low, so the ECU injects more fuel, hence more power. It also confuses the trip computer which thinks less fuel has been used so can give good mpg readings as well. You would have to do manual calculations by topping the tank up to see what the real consumption is. I have not heard any horror stories, just uses more fuel to get more power.
I understand the same.
If you really want better power and fuel consumption without trying to "fool" the car then a remap of the ECU is best..

Reactions: Gtiaps

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I heard back from Racechip and it’s not compatible. It was only £45 so would have been a cheap mod.
We had a guy in our store today that races Porsche and he said he highly recommend Superchips. Quick check on their site shows an increase in BHP of 25 and a torque increase of 78nm, £278. Also, add a K&N33-2991 panel filter for £55, gives a subtle growl to the exhaust.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
2017 2.0D HSE Dynamic Lux Auto (Blue)
4 Posts
I've just been looking at the Bluespark version, there are 3 of them in the range but generally work the same as above by increasing fuel rail pressure. Whilst I found nothing but favourable reviews it did just seem like a cheat and with the top spec one being £279 and a remap starting (from some quick looking) at around £300 or so I thought I'd leave it for now and go remap later if I really wanted to perk things up as ultimately this would be the better way to go.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The superchips is a re map service.
They have a agent quite local to me, I might in and see them.
Light Product Gadget Font Communication Device
Product Communication Device Mobile device Font Portable communications device

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
61 Posts
The superchips is a re map service.
They have a agent quite local to me, I might in and see them.
View attachment 10492 View attachment 10493

My previous post shows what I have fitted for the past 12 month ot goes i for a remap on the 30th and Shaun is gonna tell me what its doing with the box then without prior to remap.

Only getting the map done as been very pleased with the box but now to get the Ecu set up perfect 👌 👍 😀

The guy im using is

Shaun at.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Read the good reviews spoke to him my brother in law and one of my sons had there cars done there and were very happy 😊

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will be interesting to see the difference with and without the box.
Look forward to seeing how it goes with the re map too.
Hope you post the outcome on here 👍

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
61 Posts
Will be interesting to see the difference with and without the box.
Look forward to seeing how it goes with the re map too.
Hope you post the outcome on here 👍
Yup good or bad lol 😆

1 - 14 of 14 Posts