Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Evoque si4 2012
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me:
Hood vents, in which cars are they? is there a picture from the "inside"? Where rain water goes?

i will ask more in this topic when more questions come up :p

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
They were fitted to 3 door models only up until 2015, then on all models from late that year on 2016 models onwards.

Reactions: Jonze

·
Registered
Evoque si4 2012
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the cracking manifold proplem only in petrol engines? Im planning to put more power to my car with "ecu tuning" but that manifold problem makes me think again

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
Others may know better but I've never heard about cracked manifolds, only split turbo pipes. A few on here have had their cars remapped for more power without any problems.

·
Registered
Evoque si4 2012
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Others may know better but I've never heard about cracked manifolds, only split turbo pipes. A few on here have had their cars remapped for more power without any problems.

I read some where that there is problem with cracking manifolds o_O but it could be that turbo pipe thing.

Finland has several companies that do remapping. after that it should be 275hp/413nm

·
Registered
2012 sd4 prestige lux, black pack, tech pack, cold climate pack
29 Posts
What do these vents really do? I can't seem to understand the use of them? Looks nice, but when there is no need for them :unsure:

·
Registered
Evoque si4 2012
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do these vents really do? I can't seem to understand the use of them? Looks nice, but when there is no need for them :unsure:
They look nice yes, but im interested also what is the point of these. Cold air maybe but where does that air go. Or maybe its for the hot air that comes out:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
I think on the early models they were purely cosmetic. Otherwise why have them on the 3 door but not the 5 door when under the bonnet is the same. On later models I would guess they're to let heat out.

Reactions: Jonze

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Like XZ4 says only the 2 door and dynamic hse from 2016 onwards .... lots of people have fitted the after arket ones ... apparently they just stick on, the factory fitted ones are cut out but for what purpose I’ve no idea, if the engines in models below the dynamic are the same then really I guess it’s for looks purposes only...maybe when they changed from dynamic to dynamic hse and took away the dynamic drive for the later model they felt guilty and thought it would look more dynamic with the vents , failing that I cannot see any other reason for them ..... I wait to be corrected 😂😂😂

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
I think on the early models they were purely cosmetic. Otherwise why have them on the 3 door but not the 5 door when under the bonnet is the same. On later models I would guess they're to let heat out.

But why only on dynamic models there not on all models are they ?

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
But why only on dynamic models there not on all models are they ?
Must be cosmetic on everything then 🤣🤣

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Must be cosmetic on everything then 🤣🤣
Seriously do all models from 2016 have vents .... I thought it was just dynamics

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
I’ve always thought they were to let air in to aid cooling as one drives along but I sit to be corrected (I don’t stand unless I have to).

·
Registered
MY2017 2.0 HSE Dynamic Lux
316 Posts
Seriously do all models from 2016 have vents .... I thought it was just dynamics
Pretty sure that's true and like many things on the Evoque (and most modern cars) they are more cosmetic than functional. Untrendy cars don't sell ;)

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Just googled pictures of se tech 2017 ... no vents same engine so unless the dynamic has extre heat coming out then I can only conclude they are for cosmetic purposes only....

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'll go along with the cosmetic line of thought but will add if they were for anything then it would be to let the heat out, if to draw air in then they'd be a duct not vent and more likely to sit up proud off the bonnet

Reactions: PhilB and Maffy

·
Registered
822 Posts
On the latest version you get them if you spec the R-Dynamic model, on others you don't.
No obvious differences under the bonnet or warnings or anything else so I agree - purely cosmetic.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Cosmetic but do look nice, add a gruntiness to the overall look-distracts from the eye if your foolish enough to add side steps LOL.

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
The bonnet has an “under lining” (sound deadening?) so I doubt they are for air in/out.

·
Registered
822 Posts
On the Mk2 it's double skinned and the air intake takes it's breath from between the skins.

Reactions: Doink
1 - 20 of 22 Posts