Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy, but not happy - No pleasing some folk....!
Just ordered an Evoque Pure SD4 but not getting it until May/June. Town & County wouldn't even give me a definite date.

Ordered Pure SD4 Auto (OG or white haven't made up my mind yet). Tech Pack, Pana roof, Privacy glass, Electric Tailgate etc.

Stuck with the standard wheels which I will use for winter and going to get a set of aftermarket 20"

Question: Why don't we get the Xenon Option on the Pure? Surely improved night visibility is a safety improvement and should be available on all models.

Now need to sell my Scooby...!

Edited by: gogsie

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Welcome gogsie, you are obviously new here.

If you've got several hours to spare you can read this and other forums regarding delays and xenons.

First, xenons were originally an option but due to the tsunami and loss of life at the factory in Halewood delays have ensued, JLR then removed xenons from the Pure range.

There are many stories regarding the problems the factory has encountered, with many of us on here having order dates put back and back, although it seems that the factory is now back on track making some 300 cars a day now 7 days a week.

I ordered mine 6 weeks ago and I am looking at a June delivery.

Welcome to the club, currrent owners are telling us it is worth the wait.

If you can't wait autotrader has a number listed on their website, I'm not aware of any Pure models available as dealer stock, as I and many others have tried that option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went into Town & County yesterday to give them my final spec for what was going to be an
PureSD4 auto with options. There were several Dynamics there and much prefer the finish of the rear and front bumpers etc. Once we totalled up the cost of the Pure it was 3.5K more for the Dynamic so decided to go for that instead. Still end of May first week of June for delivery.

Dynamic 5 door SD4 Auto, OG, Pana, PG, ET, HSW, SW

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the Pure model and very pleased with it. One option I would have though is the Xenon lights as the standard ones are rubbish! Also heated steering wheel a must in the winter. I wouldn't bother with the elec tailgate or park assist options etc...Pure with tech pack and glass roof is a great spec (without breaking the bank!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
JJ123VW, your pure model is it a TD or SD? ive ordered my one and going to request xenon lights. I did a bit of research and looked at pictures of the standard halogen and although some people are happy with halogen some have said they are rubbish.
My spec ive ordered is, Pure, keyless entry, pano roof, xenon lights, intertior dimming mirror, folding wing mirrors, privacy glass, auto headlights and auto windscreen wipers.

Im not sure whether to go with the TD4 or SD4. It only £1000 but according to the stats the only main diff is the SD4 is 0.8 of a sec faster. I been trying to see what the MPG is on both, and looking around they both are way of what RR say it can do. Im also deciding on the colour. Got to wait til near september for it so got time to have a think about my final spec

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been toying with whether to go for xenons or not and the overwhelming view is that they are worth the £700! Maybe I can sell the fiancee! ;)
As for the SD4 over TD4, the difference will be most apparent on the motorway as the TD4 is supposedly not as quick to pick up from high speed.

I think the SD4 is well worth the extra but good luck and enjoy choosing.

The wait is really irritating though as I only put my deposit down 2 weeks ago and already I can't wait for MAY! :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also have a Pure model I am very very pleased with it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mines an sd but I feel the car is more than quick enough and maybe the s d gives better mpg in the real world ? Not sure .... Xenons are deffo the way forward . Keyless entry I find a problem and don't like for many reasons . I d buy a pure every time but shame it's a poor spec as standard ! But with the right options is makes sense :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts