Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie with a number of questions, please indulge me.
Having origionally test drove last year,I put Evoque out of my mind until after Christmas. I redrove with my family last week (wife and two boys) to ensure it met my 'family spec'. Result - passed with flying colours, which is a major achievement given my9 & 8 year old boys are advid Top Gear fans and real petrol heads! Pressure really on now

My current build spec is a SD4 Diesel Pure in Fuji White. But beforeImake the plunge, my questions are:
- Is the 190hp engine significantly better than the 150 hp for the extra £1k
- What are the additions would you add and why;
- Would you recommend Tech pack over larger wheels and parking sensors
- Are the automatic folding mirrors essential
- Does the basic communcation system deliver to expectations.

hopefully, planning order next week, providingI can make my mind up!

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As a newbie myself I don't think I can answer all your questions. What I would say is; get your order in asap to get on the waiting list with a spec you think you might go for. You can then 'tweak' the spec over the coming months or even change the model, colour etc, you should have bags of time to do that.
- What are the additions would you add and why; Pan roof improves the look of the car inside and out. Rear camera was great on the test drive reversing into tight space. Also with reduced rear view helps you see anything low behind the car. Memory electric seats are a must for me. I'm 6' 2" and my wife is 5' and we will both use the car. Also the front passenger seat is not height adjustable without the electric seat option.

- Would you recommend Tech pack over larger wheels and parking sensors; Larger wheels always look good but tends to give a firmer ride. I've gone for the middle option 19".

Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have not driven the 150bhp versions as I looked at the performance figures before arriving at my decision to go for the 190bhp auto Pure in Fiji with the cirrus interior. I don't think £1,000 is prohibitive, given the performance boost,and believe that I will get most of that back when it comes to selling. I am not sure if the 150bhp version can be ordered in auto mode and you certainly don't want to lose that.

I didn't go for the tech pack as there is no way a sat nav system is worth £1,500!. On the few occassions I will eveer need it, I will hook up my £100 garmin!

On the advice of the salesman, I went for the extras which really make the car stand out:

Panoramic sun roof, zenons, 20" alloys; as well asfolding mirrors and auto lights & wipers.

The result is an awesomely stunning looking car with a great drive. No particular firm ride with the 20" alloys.

The rear parking sensors are excellent. They pick up everything and I don't think the rear camera is necessary.

If I was buying today, the only change I would make would be to add the auto dipping headlights which can only be ordered with the auto dipping interior mirror. The manual dip switch is a bit of a pain as you need to push the stalk away to dip them. I am not sure if the folding mirrors are worth £340 as they don't fold in that much; and (with the very light cirrus interior) I am not too sure of the need for the panoramic sunroof, now that it is a £700 extra.

Whatever choice you make, you will love the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks BTS18,agree with the 19' wheels and following help from you and others will be placing my order this weekend. feel like an expectant father again!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Deeker,really appreciate the reponse. Still undecided on the engine size as the performancedifference is not that great, butI'll probably go a manual anyway, any maybe chip at a later date once the mpg settles down. Read elsewhere that new Evoque's can get an 'Agile' software upgrade that improves the mpg performance.I agree with the larger wheels and parking sensors, as well aspanny roof butchoice might be thezenons or the larger engine. I must admit I havent felt as excited aboutdriving a car since my old Alfa 156.

·
10,626 Posts
fergus15 said:
Newbie with a number of questions, please indulge me.
Having origionally test drove last year,I put Evoque out of my mind until after Christmas. I redrove with my family last week (wife and two boys) to ensure it met my 'family spec'. Result - passed with flying colours, which is a major achievement given my9 & 8 year old boys are advid Top Gear fans and real petrol heads! Pressure really on now

My current build spec is a SD4 Diesel Pure in Fuji White. But beforeImake the plunge, my questions are:
- Is the 190hp engine significantly better than the 150 hp for the extra £1k
- What are the additions would you add and why;
- Would you recommend Tech pack over larger wheels and parking sensors
- Are the automatic folding mirrors essential
- Does the basic communcation system deliver to expectations.

hopefully, planning order next week, providingI can make my mind up!

thanks in advance.
Welcome Fergus, here's some advice from an old hand to this game now.

Defo get 190 engine although thirstier it is a better option, you cannot remap a 150 to the same std as a 190 as it uses different components. The 150 only gets a single exhaust pipe.

Tech pack will give you better residuals, it is not just a sat nav, it gets heated front screen,heated washer jets & heated seats.

Larger wheels are for looks, 18"s are fine.

Folding mirrors, depends where you are parking most of the time, the car is wide including mirrors.

Communication system works but is not as refined as other manufacturers.

Pano Roof a must if buying a coupe.

You only get LED signature DRLs with xenons.

Hope this helps.

There are too many decisions involved with buying this car.

Edited by: Evo-king

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Fergus15

Had my Evoque for a couple of weeks now and it continues to impress me!
(previous car was Audi S3) I have a dynamic SD4 2.2 (190bhp) auto and if i'm not careful i'm going to get caught speeding! So its not slow by any means only top end it runs out of puff but were talking 100mph + which is ban territory anyway and I need my licence.

I went for Orkney grey, Dynamic plus pack, Surround camera (must have), Black contrast pan roof (must have), 20 inch shadow alloys (nice) privacy glass, and a few other bits, the standard sound system is great car comes with the tech pack already (dynamic).

Salesman didn't tell me (neither did any literature) that the car will play and display DVD's so I would have spec'd the dual view screen if I could do it again.

I've got 2 kids and it's perfect.

Economy isn't what they claim but hey it's a £46k car so if I wanted to save money on fuel i would have bought a bicycle!

As its a pure your looking at I would (if it was me) spec the 190bhp auto with tech pack, zenons, and the surround camera plus pan roof at very least. Oh and a set of the shadow 20"s.....

Happy shopping!

Goldie

·
10,626 Posts
Apart from the fact you can't spec shadows on a Pure.

There may be an aftermarket purchase though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ah, the choices you "Islanders" have to make! Over here in the colonies (read USA), we only get package options which include most of the numerous options you have to pick through.

I think I prefer our system better. Actually it's Range Rover's system as we're a long way from the factory and it's easier to just package the goodies together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts