Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been on the Range Rover site recently and tried using the build function.The picture of the interior for a Pure is now showing a very inferior central display panel which does not look like a touch display (very small). What are Range Rover playing at, will not be happy if my Evoque turns up with this inJanuary with this display.

·
Registered
134 Posts
touchscreens will be the original look, that is a standard layout hence no touchscreen

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the Evoque configurator the standard equipment list at the end still shows a 8" touchscreen, not the one in the interior view which looks very small

·
Registered
219 Posts
not all countries have the 8 inch screen as standard pure spec, you sure you are looking at the uk site/image?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Strange just went on the build section and yes the first image was a crappy non touch screen! then when i clicked on each of the three interior colours the touch screen magically appeared!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ED 209, your right when you choose an interior colour the touch screen appears correctly. However of more concern is that the display reverts back to the nasty non-touch display later on.

Don't think its a mistake as the picture is clearly a right hand drive version. Wonder if Land Rover are planning making changes to the Pure specification for the new year. Perhaps all 2012 Pure models will appear with this cheap and nasty display.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Dunno but when my delivery date is confirmed I shall be cheacking with the dealer, the touch screen system is a big factor in me wanting the car, If it is to be replaced with something inferior then this and other issues wil mean i shall be purchasing something else.

On the other hand i really cannot see them downgrading the spec, would make them look very silly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
this is a big issue for me too. I've put a call into my sales rep at Farnell Leeds to find out more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. Ive just joined the forum.

I ordered an Evoque Pure eD4 5 door back on 31st August 2011, I really hope this cheap looking screen is not what appears on my vehicle as I was told it was touchscreen when I ordered it.

Has anyone found any info out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just phoned a dealer and they don't know because they've never seen a Pure without a tech pack. I asked if they could phone me as soon as they have a Pure (without any pack) for delivery so I can see it!!I was told that the standard is 8" touch screen but I don't think so since the screen size for sat nav etc is 8". It will be a smaller touch screen I'm sure - 6".

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't know how the spec are in de UK, but here in the Netherlands the standard Pure equipment is an 5" color screen for the standard audio.
The tech pack option is with the 8" touch screen and the Meridian system.

·
Registered
134 Posts
ZW4 same here also

·
Registered
67 Posts
Standard spec for UK, non tech pack is 8 inch touch screen. Says so online, says so in the brochure, says so on my order form. I would not read too much into any pictures glitch on the online Configurator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been watching this thread with interest, as I'm about to order a Pure.I've double-checked with the dealer, and they have confirmed that the standard spec for the UK Pure is the 5" screen, not the 8" which is fitted to 99% of the demonstrators.
The 8" screen is only available as part of the Tech Pack!

Not particularly happy!

·
Registered
219 Posts
prw said:
Been watching this thread with interest, as I'm about to order a Pure.
I've double-checked with the dealer, and they have confirmed that the standard spec for the UK Pure is the 5" screen, not the 8" which is fitted to 99% of the demonstrators.

The 8" screen is only available as part of the Tech Pack!

Not particularly happy!

I would check another dealer mate, I am 99.9999999% certain the dealer is giving you the wrong info. If however it is correct, that will be my order getting binned.

The 8 inch touch screen was one of the features that sold the car for me and i have no need for the other gubbins in the tech pack.

Also i have just built my car on the landrover website, the glitch appears to have gone and the pure spec includes the 8 inch screen this is confirmed in both the pictures and the spec list.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had feedback from my dealership in Leeds and they have confirmed that the standard is 8" touchscreen so nothing to worry about. The specs say its 8", its all over the website too...so if it turns up differently i wont be accepting delivery.
Until any Pures turn up in the UK with a 5" screen without the Tech Pack addition its safe to say this thread should be closed.

·
10,626 Posts
PRW "Been watching this thread with interest, as I'm about to order a Pure.I've
double-checked with the dealer, and they have confirmed that the
standard spec for the UK Pure is the 5" screen, not the 8" which is
fitted to 99% of the demonstrators.
The 8" screen is only available as part of the Tech Pack!"

I've sat in a Pure in my dealers, without Tech Pack, it had the Style Pack, defo fitted with 8" screen.

Edited by: Evo-king

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been looking at the UK pricelist and it says standard 8" touch screen and the meridian "380" system.
The tech pack in the Netherlands is complete different from the UK.
NL tech pack is the 380 meridian and 8" touch screen, full leather, 18" alloys.
All that stuff is standard on your Pures, so says the pricelist.
We have standard 17" alloys, base-line audio system with 5" screen.
I guess that that the reason is to lower the baseprice in the Netherlands and maybe in other countrys.
You can compare the pricelists via landrover.com and select a country.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts