Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

I know the Pure range are delivering last commencing January, but I wondered if anyone has a build/delivery date agreed for a pure yet?

I have yet to finalise my spec but it is looking like a Pure SD4 Auto 3 door if that makes any difference to the proposed delivery schedules.

Thanks

Lee

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Lee,

I had my SD4 5 door manual build date confirmed today as being the 8th December, with actual delivery approx 1 week after.

Order was placed in May and final spec. was given about 3 weeks ago (although I have just changed the spec to include a spare wheel)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers CeeBee - any chance of revealing the dealership so I can have a conversation with my dealer and sound as though I have knowledge

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
I confirmed my order a a Fiji White, 5 door, SD4, Pure Auto, with extras, (20" alloys, sunroof, zenons, front fogs) on the day the specifications were released. I have a scheduled build date for late October, with delivery on 4th November. I usually hate that month (cold & dark) but can hardly wait for it this year.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Lee,

Mines ordered from Stratstone in Newcastle.

Good luck!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Build date is 28th October for my SD4 Pure Auto and Delivery is 10th November!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here

The dates for my Pure is as follows:
Current planned build date 07/10/11
Factory Complete date 28/10/11
Delivery date 10/11/11

Got a copy of the original change order (i changed my mind and reconfigured the car with an electrical tailgate over a month after my initial order) and it's a printout from Land Rovers dealers website : https://connect.jlrext.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really appreciate your help, its amazing what quoting a few facts can do when discussing with dealers. Any more facts on the Pure delivery pre Xmas would be most helpful.

Ta

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all - This is interesting, I have been into Stratstone at Stockton a couple of times now and have been told cant order a Pure yet and to come back later in the year, apparently only taking orders for prestige and dynamic as Pure will be last out. Obviously not the case. Working in Newcastle this week so will call in up there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I had a similar experience( to durhamlandy ) regarding my Pure Evoque order.

Yesterday, I went to the Evoque test drive in London which was excellent.They did not have any Pure Evoques to try but there were plenty of Dynamic and Prestige models.

consequently, I nowhave a good idea of what options and colours I want, and I phoned my local dealer to day to talk about finance options. I was rather suprized when he said it was too soon to talk about finance, and he recommended that wediscuss it when the car is actually launched in September. All he seemed interested in was trying to book me on another test drive at the dealership and meeting me at their open evening on Sept 7th.

Previously my sales rep had said that I would 'definately' get the car this year,today he simply said that 'hopefully' that would be the case, but he could notcommit toit.

Theimpression I now have is that my dealerdoes not know what is happening with orders for Pure Evoques.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered my SD4 Pure in early July, and was told today that the build date will be the week of October 10th, with delivery expected at the end of October - slightly sooner than the early Nov date I was given at the time.

I put in my order just before Top Gear did their review, and the dealer told me they were expecting a big surge of interest once it aired, so it looks like I picked the right time!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered mine at exactly the same time for the same top gear related reasons. I was told I was the first Pure order the dealer had taken, although they had 15 other variants on deposit.

Do you have an actual order form with build date from your LR dealer. My dealer is adamant that the SD4 Pure (which I have ordered) will probably be the other side of Xmas and i should be the first on the dealership allocation.

TIA

Lee

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Having driven BMW's for around 10 years I decided to change and order a Evoque via my normal company leasing firm in June 2011. They placed an order with a Land Rover dealer and were given a delivery date of the 2nd of March 2012 (my last 3 BMW's were always delivered by the agreed date).

However when I chased the dealer last week they said LR were not taking orders for my model yet (Pure 5 door TD4 Tech pack). Chased my leasing company who contacted the dealer today, the real story is that the dealer has used up thier allocation and were just sitting on the order with no build slot confirmed. God knows where the March del date come from intially.

By the way have driven the Evoque on a Land Rover event last week at the Westfield Shopping Centre (spent 1 hour in the car. Its great inside and quiet on the road plus it handles well.

Don't think Land Rover will keep customers with dealers not been honest about delivery dates.

Beware of promises from dealers if my bad experiance is representative of LR dealars. Given my order date I am wonderingif they have sold by build slot to some else and hope I will wait around.

To be honest if this dealer is anything to go by land Rover will have problems keeping customer orders and improving the Brand image. Why can't dealers just be honest and say they have used thier allocation instead of stringing customer along.Pondering on whether to cancel my order and order another make rather than be be messed around any longer.

Upset Land Rover Customer (before I've even got behind the wheel)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Marcus

You are absolutely right, and this is exactly the point I made earlier this week (22nd Aug).

Having also driven the car at Westfield Shopping Centre last SundayI am convinced that the Evoque is a fabulous car and I want one.I am still torn between the Firenze red and Fuji White but, to be honest, either colour would be fine. ( The Land Rover people at Westfielddid tell me that White is the most popular colour by far ).

So, I called my dealer on Mondaymorning to finalize the order and talk finance as I really want to lease the car over 3 years, but have heard thatland Rover use ahigh APR fiqure, so I am still prepared to shop around.

However, my dealer did not want to be committed at all, and said that it was 'too early' to talk about finance. I put my £1000 deposit down in May the week that the prices were announced, and Ihave an estimated delivery date of December 10th. However, Ihave no confidence in that date that being realistic. All my dealer wanted to discuss was a test drive, and coming for the dealership open evening Sept 7th.Having been to Westfield, neither are now necessary and I just want to discuss my order.

In summary, while the car is so good that it sells itself, Iambecoming increasingfrustrated with my dealerand may have to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you think your dealer is taking the p*ss then contact lr hq... Land rover dealers have enjoyed a lifetime of loyal mud plugging fans that will put up with crap service from some dealers but as they are loyal to the brand some dealers have become arrogant.... Land rover have a lot riding on the evoque and will bring a lot of newbies to the brand.. Some dealers will have to pull their head out of their ar*e and start delivering consistent quality service as the new found customers will quickly vote with their feet and go back to their BMW's, Audi's or lexus's.... This would be a **** shame as lr products (yes can have their issues), are fantastic at making you feel good... But a dealer is the absolute key factor for the manufacturer, so I'm sure if everyone calls out their bad experience to lr hq they "should" do something about it !!!!...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I book my SD4 Pure in Barcelona in early march, last time i talk to my dealer before summer confirm 11th September build date, i will ask him again next week if there is any delay and let you know

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 5dr Pure TD4 on order. Ordered on 1st April, changed the spec in Aug and I have been told it will arrive early December.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered my "F-White" Evoque 28.05.2011. it's being built in November and delivered in December, I was told. After reading these comments I am going to try to get exact dates now (from Sidcup dealership) as I am no longer entirely sure that my slot will be honoured, or is indeed accurate. I gave back my 6 series BMW last month and am experimenting with a car which I haven't even driven and guilty of following the hype, like many others. I therefore hope that I don't get a bad dealer experience but I must say I have already dealt with three different salesmen and am losing any feeling of consistency that BMW and Lexus offered. I am driving a nice one series till I get my Dynamic and hope that I get it before Christmas as I am already bored of waiting to be honest. LR should be very proud that they have hooked us all in, let's hope they keep their side of the bargain and deliver in good time, so we can just drive the bloody thing!!! Lovely though it is
<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

1 - 20 of 51 Posts