Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we ordered an Orkney grey 5 door auto Dynamic with pano roof etc etc back in August, but with the delivery date slipping back to March / April we couldn't wait. So, bought out of the showroom, an Orkney grey Pure with Xenons (a rarity...), 3 door manual - SD4.

Very different to what we thought we wanted but what can I say? Totally bowled over by it. We've had it now just 3 weeks - and have covered nearly 2000 miles!! Hitting 38mpg on the commute to work and a very healthy 44mpg on a run - which puts to shame the Mini cooper s we had before. Can't wait till the engine has eased a bit more. Car is unbelievably quiet, steering is just spot on - you still have a good view of the road (but not as commanding as a Freelander). Also very pleased to report 2000 miles rattle free! It's not until you live with it do you realise just how well it's been put together. Still getting use to the enormous wing mirrors though ...

Lucky enough to have had a Land Rover experience in Ledbury in an Evoque. If you have any concerns that this baby RR can't do what a Landy is supposed to do - fear not. We were even more impressed with it by the time we'd finished. It's nice to know what it can do, although I doubt we will be troubling ours with ruts, floods and insanely steep hills (even though we do live in Wales). Can't wait for the snow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. It was a newish 184bhp. For saying it's a relatively small car I only managed to get 41.9 on average (over 14k miles). Must admit the evoque's handling makes me smile.

·
Registered
79 Posts
mtp - Glad to hear your enjoying your RRE - and you seem to be getting great fuel figures so well done!

As to the Mini Cooper S statement - its an interesting one - I have one of the last Gen 1's which should really be classed as the last of the 'S's' as after that they should really be called a 'T'. I am still getting better ecomony out of that than I am out of our Sd4 (and drive the RRE in a more civilised way) :).

·
Registered
219 Posts
mtp said:
Hi. It was a newish 184bhp. For saying it's a relatively small car I only managed to get 41.9 on average (over 14k miles). Must admit the evoque's handling makes me smile.

41.9 is bloody brilliant!! I certainly would not complain about that.

My 160hp scirocco only managed about 35-36 mpg before its engine expired after 12000 miles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did almost exactly the same. Had a car on order and ended up buying an Orkney Grey Pure 3 door manual with Xenons and Pure pack out of the showroom. They must be a pretty standard showroom spec!

I have done 2700 miles and decided this morning to test the mpg on a run to work. Pretty much all motorway, 23 miles at between 50 and 60 (roadworks) on cruise all the way and I got 52mpg. I suppose thats where the claimed rate comes from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts