Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on whether a private warranty is worth keeping going?
I am with Warranty Wise

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I think its a must for peace of mind but then that only really comes if you know they'll pay out if needed and the usual quote thats always trotted out is 'you only find out how good they are when you need to make a claim'!

Donna seems to have happened across a good one and selected all the options and its half of price of what JLR wanted for less coverage but again how good they are you don't know until you need to make that claim?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Like he said ⬆

Any warranty is a waste of money if you never make a claim. The only solace you get is the peace of mind.
However, ask yourself, if a major repair was needed, how would that impact on you financially. If a couple of grand at short notice is not a pleasant thought, a few quid a month is probably the best way to go.

I have always taken out extended warranties, usually from the manufacturer - where it was a worthwhile product.
I have one on my RCZ and so far I’ve claimed @ £2.5k and that’s just in 2 claims, so it’s been well worthwhile for me.

If I keep my Evoque beyond the manufacturers warranty, I will definitely be taking out a warranty of some sort.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,798 Posts
Definately.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Worth it for the peace of mind, but make sure it is the right one for you (and car!).

You haven't filled in your signature details so we have no idea which model/age etc you have - which will be useful when posting future questions.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worth it for the peace of mind, but make sure it is the right one for you (and car!).

You haven't filled in your signature details so we have no idea which model/age etc you have - which will be useful when posting future questions.
How do I do that ?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,257 Posts
Click on your avatar then choose account settings. Signature is one of the options

1 - 7 of 7 Posts