Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Premium lighting is a £220 option, and I thought that having it would mean you could change the colour of the interior lighting in the door panels and foot wells.
However, I think that the standard ambient lighting allows for this - premium just adding reading lights, led boot light and some around instruments or switchgear lighting, whatever that means. Is this correct? Grateful for any comments.
Thanks,
Modlen

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Pretty sure the standard ambient lighting is just white LED. I have the MY20 which is maybe different, but I have ambient lighting which is just white. The colour changing variety was extra.

·
Registered
My21 Range Rover Evoque R-Dynamic SE
9 Posts
Premium lighting is a £220 option, and I thought that having it would mean you could change the colour of the interior lighting in the door panels and foot wells.
However, I think that the standard ambient lighting allows for this - premium just adding reading lights, led boot light and some around instruments or switchgear lighting, whatever that means. Is this correct? Grateful for any comments.
Thanks,
Modlen
I ordered my new 21 evoque a few weeks ago and asked the same question. My dealership couldn’t answer so I went direct to Land Rover. I got a call back from Land Rover Customer service to say, that the premium lighting isn’t the ambient lighting but the extra led lighting, as mentioned in a previous reply. Apparently the ambient lighting comes as standard so I decided to opt out of the premium lighting 😊

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for everyone’s help.
Bit concerning dealer doesn’t know the difference but that’s the problem I’ve been having!
Doesn’t sound as if the premium lighting is worth it then if it’s only basically a few extra led lights, and the ambient lighting has a variety of colours.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Many thanks for everyone’s help.
Bit concerning dealer doesn’t know the difference but that’s the problem I’ve been having!
Doesn’t sound as if the premium lighting is worth it then if it’s only basically a few extra led lights, and the ambient lighting has a variety of colours.
Having taken my car out last night, I was dismayed to see I did not have ambient lighting in my MY21 Autobiography, I have premium lighting instead which is disappointing. Apparently ambient lighting got replaced by premium lighting. All I would say is if I had to pay £220 for it I would have been even more disappointed. I was never told of this change.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,093 Posts
It's configurable lighting isn't it that you can choose the colour with

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,829 Posts
It's configurable lighting isn't it that you can choose the colour with
Configurable Ambient lighting, well on previous models. I don't think there was mention of premium lighting up to 2019.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Premium lighting gives you 6 colour choices & you can adjust the brightness, thats as configurable as it gets. Also very few areas light up, just the front footwells, towards the rear of the doors, not sure what lights up in the rear of the cabin. Expected the storage area under the centre console to light up but no, as I say disappointing on a car costing £57k+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts