Evoque Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Please don’t add any replies to this post it’s intended to help advise any new member looking for as to how deal with the steering failure that I have just experienced,

First of all don’t bother taking it to your local garage or independent,
Get it delivered to your nearest Landrover dealership
Call them and inform it’s coming in
Then call Landrover Cunsomer Service 0370 5000 500 , inform them of what’s happened they should give you a case number
Inform the dealership you are not paying towards the diagnosis £180 as you have informed JLR complaints your aware this is a known fault and is covered by a fail and repair policy that you saw on the driving agency safety standards UK .... and the fact it was recalled in Canada, also inform them not to carry out any further work apart from diagnosis until JLR have agreed to cover costs ... I said that if they didn’t I would have it independently inspected,
it took from going in on a Monday until Thursday to have confirmed ..... and JLR to authorise repair , in my case as there is a backlog in the part required and it is going to take 5 weeks to fix so they also authorised a courtesy car , however this might of been because there was a mix up in warranty renewal ,

To be be honest there has been inconvenience and worry of facing a 3k bill but in fairness I’m happy with the way it’s all been dealt with and didn’t go into a long drawn out dispute they have done the right thing .

if this is going to help anyone please just start a thread and the members on here will help with relevant information if more required ....it’s worked for me so best of luck if your in the same circumstance

maybe one of the mods can spellcheck this add in some commas full stops etc and lock it 😘

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Should that be 'without' warranty Donna :unsure:

Moderator Edit : Its a perfectly valid phrase, in Scotland!

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
STUCK AND CLOSED DONNA 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.