Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
MY23 D200 Autobiography
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm if the MY23 Autobiography should have a 12v power socket in the loadspace area? There‘s space for one on the passenger side of the boot when you remove the round plastic cover but no actual socket!

·
Registered
2020, D180, standard
145 Posts
It should have, mine is a standard one and it does, 3 sockets in total, one in the center console another for the rear seats and the last one in the trunk.
Sleeve Grey Rectangle Font Flash photography

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
this has popped up here with someone else's car and I can't find the thread but their's was the same as yours @Redders .. Mine is MY22 and has the socket in the boot but if that's two of you maybe because of part shortages they've omitted them.. I would call and clarify with your dealer ..

·
Registered
MY23 D200 Autobiography
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both, that’s useful to know. I found the update I got from my dealer when the MY23 model changes came in, which has the loadspace and cubby holder 12v sockets removed for the standard model only, so not sure why missing from my Autobiography. Still waiting for an update from my dealer about the software upgrade needed to fix my non-working gestured tailgate - not impressed!

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Please come back and let us know what they say @Redders

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Hello .. I will check ours, but we also ticked the option for the power socket option 2 pack as well

Font Peripheral Gadget Audio equipment Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
I have the same issue with my MY22 Autobiography. No load space outlet and problems with gesture tailgate. Unfortunately my dealer is not very helpful.
Hi and welcome to the forum .. that seems to be 3 of three to count so I'm now assuming it's due to lack of chips when did you get your car delivered? and what problems are you having with with the tailgate?

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Hello .. I will check ours, but we also ticked the option for the power socket option 2 pack as well

View attachment 14566
ahh I never ticked that option so I'm assuming you should have them all as you have paid extra for the privilege ...

·
Registered
MY23 D200 Autobiography
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same issue with my MY22 Autobiography. No load space outlet and problems with gesture tailgate. Unfortunately my dealer is not very helpful.
Hi David
Sorry to hear you’re having similar problems to me with the gestured tailgate and missing socket. I’ve just chased my dealer to see what ‘s happening and will keep you updated.

I made mine raise a complaint with JLR, not that it seems to have helped, but don’t be fobbed off by a poor dealer, unforuately there seems to be a lot of them around at the moment. Remember you paid a lot for the Autobiography over other models and they made money from your purchase. Dealers need to remember that they need customers otherwise they’ll go bust. It’s just a pity that poor service seems to have become the accepted norm and that the chip shortage is being used as an excuse for appalling levels of communication and transparency.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
@Redders so have they said anything as to why you have nothing there and just a cover?

·
Registered
2022 D200 Evoque Autobiography
4 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum .. that seems to be 3 of three to count so I'm now assuming it's due to lack of chips when did you get your car delivered? and what problems are you having with with the tailgate?
I got the car in May having waited nearly 11 months for it. The gesture tailgate rarely recognises the gesture. Maybe 1 in 20 or 30 attempts I was up at the land rover experience day at Eastnor Castle on Wednesday and they tried it and it was the same so it's not just me 😀
I now also have and Engine Error message coming up in the App but no errors on the car shown and drives perfectly.
Not a good start for a car that's only just coming up on 1400 miles

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Redders so have they said anything as to why you have nothing there and just a cover?
Just an update for all. I’ve just had a landrover technician at my home to check out the engine error the app is reporting. He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Apparently there is no update as yet for the gesture tailgate issue and also JLR apparently stopped fitting the 12v outlets because they rely on processors in the management system to control them.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Nice of them to let everyone know about it, otherwise owners would only find out when they open the cover 🤔😱

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Just an update for all. I’ve just had a landrover technician at my home to check out the engine error the app is reporting. He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Apparently there is no update as yet for the gesture tailgate issue and also JLR apparently stopped fitting the 12v outlets because they rely on processors in the management system to control them.
that's good to tell everyone instead of customers opening the cover to find a hole in it's place :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
that's good to tell everyone instead of customers opening the cover to find a hole in it's place :rolleyes:
The technician also said if you have a warranty vehicle and have any issues with it don’t bother contacting your dealership just press the spanner button behind the rear view mirror and you’ll speak directly to JLR support. They will send their own technician out to look at the vehicle. I did this today and he was with me within an hour and ran a full diagnostic on the car.

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Hello we have the the socket in the rear (please see pics)

but I have a feeling its part of the power socket option pack number 2 ... and removed from option pack 1 .. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
The technician also said if you have a warranty vehicle and have any issues with it don’t bother contacting your dealership just press the spanner button behind the rear view mirror and you’ll speak directly to JLR support. They will send their own technician out to look at the vehicle. I did this today and he was with me within an hour and ran a full diagnostic on the car.
yes I knew that one and also that way if your car needs to go to a dealer LR will organise a loan car for you usually on the same day unlike your dealer which may take 6-8 weeks .... bother useful tip for you ;)

·
Registered
MY23 D200 Autobiography
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No, I haven’t had a response it’s gone into a black hole - a bit like the hole I have where I should have a 12v socket 🤪

Reactions: Angel and Kaspa
1 - 19 of 19 Posts