Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get out the car and lock the vehicle (by touching the little door handle indentation), My power fold wing mirrors used to auto close as well and then unfold on unlocking the car.
All of a sudden when I get out the car and touch the handle indention the car locks itself OK but the wing mirrors DO NOT fold in and after a few seconds the is an audible double beep. On my 2016 model it seems there is no on/option for the power fold mirrors within the driver assistance section and the only wing mirror controls are on the internal of the drivers door. I have tried the 2 button press to fold in/fold out the mirrors (which work fine using the internal buttons), but still will not fold in when I get out the car and lock it.via the door handle indention or the key fob.
Any ideas please?

·
Super Moderator
2,253 Posts
Has it been near a dealer recently, I wonder if the option has got disabled in the dealer options (i you cannot find it in the User options menu on the driver display).

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Has it been near a dealer recently, I wonder if the option has got disabled in the dealer options (i you cannot find it in the User options menu on the driver display).
On our MY13 Evoque I had the dealer disable the folding mirror option using their diagnostic system, when I picked it up new. At least on a MY13, it is an all or nothing option. Meaning the mirrors wouldn't fold even using the two mirror adjusting buttons. I was surprised by that, so I had the option re-enabled at the first service. Based on my experience, since the mirrors do fold using the two mirror adjusting buttons, I don't think it was an accidental dealer change. Of course, a MY16 may work different from our MY13:unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, not been to a dealer, it worked fine since I had it and then stopped folding.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
From what I remember when my locks played up there was a beeping sound and mirrors didn’t go in ... I’m sure assist said the locks and mirrors work in conjunction .... is try and make sure you car is locking properly... if it’s keyless leave keys far enough away to double check it’s definitely locked all round ... and make sure the bonnets closed properly,
Or you could try a hard re set .... might put car back too sync

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
Same as mine but it was frozen assist sprayed with silicon spray an been good ever since

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I had trouble with my front passenger door not unlocking and that gave me the same problem with the mirrors not folding as the OP. When I replaced the lock, the mirrors worked fine. As has been said, try locking the car and move the fob far away from the car to check that all doors are locked. If they are all locked, try unlocking the car, remove fob and see if all doors are unlocking. Odds are it’s a faulty lock causing the problem, you just need to find out which one. If it’s the same as mine, it will get progressively worse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I get out the car and lock the vehicle (by touching the little door handle indentation), My power fold wing mirrors used to auto close as well and then unfold on unlocking the car.
All of a sudden when I get out the car and touch the handle indention the car locks itself OK but the wing mirrors DO NOT fold in and after a few seconds the is an audible double beep. On my 2016 model it seems there is no on/option for the power fold mirrors within the driver assistance section and the only wing mirror controls are on the internal of the drivers door. I have tried the 2 button press to fold in/fold out the mirrors (which work fine using the internal buttons), but still will not fold in when I get out the car and lock it.via the door handle indention or the key fob.
Any ideas please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just become the owner of a 2015 Evoque and have experienced the same problem. Back to the dealer to discover it is a faulty passenger door catch breaking the circuit. Booked in for a replacement catch, in the meantime by locking the passenger door internally before exiting the car, I can touch the indentation and the car locks and mirrors fold. Hope that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts