Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what happens when big buses operate in small villages with small streets - the bus cut the corner as it made a right turn with my wife stationary not able to go anywhere.

Not happy!

its difficult to see exactly what's damaged but initial view tells me it needs a bumper, front fog, drivers side 1/4 panel, possibly a new bonnet as it doesnt seem to line up exactly anymore, wheel arch, parking sensors. what's been damaged behind that I dont know yet but the full force of a bus pushing against the car there is bound to be more damage.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Same problem here in Belgium.Bus-drivers are always in a hurry and think they are alone on the road!

Hope everything get sorted out

GL

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

All seems to be straight forward so far, expecting replacement RRE to land in the next 24 hours and I have insisted that the dealership are the only people that can fix it.

Yes Bus Co. have accepted full liability.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh no, I bet the deaelrs went not expecting to be making repairs to a car they have only just released!

Glad the bus company accepted liability. Muppets.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had hoped to be past the countless build issues having had my Evoque since Nov now, but as of yesterday it was put on the back of a transporter and taken off to the LR approved repairers after what is now referred to as 'busgate'.

The official view from them is - 'dont expect it back in a hurry it is going to take some time to get parts' and I can believe this given the production line issues. So after waiting patiently (well relatively) for the around 16 months from date of initial deposit to getting our Evoque its now been taken off us again :-( - can you tell I'm feeling sorry for myself.

Still on a plus - the X5 they have given us is OK - it does show how the technology and features in the Evoque are far better than BMW's and on a plus point I was able to pick up the x 4 new wheels and tyres I bought for the Evoque in a single trip.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Rob,

Always one to take the positive view. Get a few trips in to the tip as well, make the X5 dirty and keep the RRE clean.

Hope it goes well and you are soon back in the Evoque.

Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the saga continues, initially it took about 3 weeks to get the replacement bumper etc that was required from Land Rover at the approved repair centre I was recommended by Farnell Leeds. My initial inspection of the works once being told the car was ready highlighted poor quality repairs - paint overspray & a glob of paint stuck on the bumper, so I rejected the quality of the works.

A week later I went and picked the car up and despite still not being 100% the loan car company off hired the X5 and I took the Evoque back. Looking at it I wasnt 100% happy with the paint colour and was convinced it wasnt a great match - a couple of friends looked at it and confirmed the same. So back to Farnell Leeds and to the Service Manager after some time looking at it he also confirmed he saw the difference and we arranged for a further respray. This was carried out last week and the colour match is now 100%.

There is a but coming - the headlight washers do not sit flush to the bumper any more. So back to Farnell Leeds again - they took a look at it and were replacing one of the roof bar covers under warranty and didnt do anything on this, it seemed they didnt know if there was a way of getting the washers to come out without driving the car round - in the handbook this could be 40 minutes of driving - after sitting in the garage for an hour I had to do some work and so couldnt really have another heated discussion.

I called them back today and have been told that because they didnt do the work on the bumper - because they dont have their own bodyshop - that it is not really their issue. I suggested that the dealer principal should give me a call on this matter as I am furious. I have also lodged a complaint in with LR CS - lets see what happens now although I am sick of the whole thing.

·
Registered
208 Posts
rob.angus said:
Still on a plus - the X5 they have given us is OK - it does show how the technology and features in the Evoque are far better than BMW's and on a plus point I was able to pick up the x 4 new wheels and tyres I bought for the Evoque in a single trip.

This got me worried as I was due to pick up four wheels with tyres fitted yesterday, and your post made me start getting concerned that they wouldn't fit in the car. However, I went ahead and can now report that, although it was a squeeze, you CAN get get four wheels and tyres in an Evoque!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts