Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio reception including DAB is really poor, have booked it in with local dealer, they just parked it nest to another performed a search on both, the problem is the radio doesn't even pick up local radio stations very well, so far my only criticism of the evoque other than that is fantastic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just as an update I have had the car again at the dealer they have tested it with another Evoque, both cars have very poor radio reception, the technician has agreed that the radio reception is poor. Compared to our original car and my Range Rover sport the radio is not for for purpose. I have contacted Land Rover directly as suggested by my local dealer, only to be told there is nothing more they can do for me, I am a surprised at this Customer service certainly not, I still have a problem with the radio. Please can someone let me know if their radio is perfect, not just the BBC stations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is now a known issue with resolution. I have already had mine repaired while being serviced. Ask LR service to replace antenna.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just a thought but I have noticed the solid roof has a "shark fin" the panoramic roof don't have one, what roof do you have?
Just a thought, I hope I'm wrong as I have ordered a glass roof.
Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a solid roof. I have posted my problem on another site, someone has suggested removing the dealer sticker they found that beneficial to the signal. I am going to give that a try I will let you know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How did you get on with the radio problem? Did the dealer offer a solution? I am hearing on forums that there are a few of us who have problems with the radio we need to get them to fix the problem..

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went to dealer and complained about poor FM and DAB reception and they "looked at connections" today. But couldn't check DAB aerial as this involves removing headling and couldn't check FM aerial as this is concealed in spoiler. So not quite sure what they did check!

Was told "they all do that sir" Not really good enough - paid a lot extra for sound upgrade which is totally negated by rubbish reception and previous Audi RS6 managed almost perfect DAB reception (never used FM as DAB so good)

Was told that there's a "rumour" that spoilers (with FM aerials presumably) are being replaced in US and that what happens in US, happens in UK tomorrow.

Let's hope so - presumably VB didn't notice as she was only listens to old Spice Girls tracks

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have no issues with BBC or other DAB stations, we don't use too many, usually Kiss and Viking but I don't think i remember a dropout yet during the month we have had it. This is the panoramic roof model too if that helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
davidw7 said:
Went to dealer and complained about poor FM and DAB reception and they "looked at connections" today. But couldn't check DAB aerial as this involves removing headling and couldn't check FM aerial as this is concealed in spoiler. So not quite sure what they did check!

Was told "they all do that sir" Not really good enough - paid a lot extra for sound upgrade which is totally negated by rubbish reception and previous Audi RS6 managed almost perfect DAB reception (never used FM as DAB so good)

Was told that there's a "rumour" that spoilers (with FM aerials presumably) are being replaced in US and that what happens in US, happens in UK tomorrow.

Let's hope so - presumably VB didn't notice as she was only listens to old Spice Girls tracks
Have you got the solid roof or panoramic roof???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have had the car with my local dealer on two occasions, actually yesterday was the last time, they are now taking this problem seriously as there is lots of negative chat on the Internet about the radio, they haven't yet said what the cause is but I'm a little happier they are looking at the car. Fingers crossed they will fix it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kendo4165 said:
I have had the car with my local dealer on two occasions, actually yesterday was the last time, they are now taking this problem seriously as there is lots of negative chat on the Internet about the radio, they haven't yet said what the cause is but I'm a little happier they are looking at the car. Fingers crossed they will fix it.
Have you got panoramic roof or solid roof???

·
Registered
363 Posts
Is this problem only related to a DAB/FM setup - as I have just FM with a solid roof (little black blob for aerial) and I can't say I have experienced any problems - in fact much better than other cars I've had at it doesn't lose reception on places in the road I travel where others did!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts