Evoque Owners Club banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
214 Posts
The download is done when the car is being driven and there is a connection to 4G.
It could theoretically be downloaded if the ignition is on and the car is connected to Home/Office WiFi or your phone as a hotspot.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think you may be confused by the Topix Maintenance schedule, which to my mind is indicating that no SOTA updates will take place for the period when the Servers are down for maintenance. Outside this brief period SOTA updates can take place.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
My understanding is that the car is stationary ignition off locked and alarmed with windows closed and within wi fi range for SOTA downloads (seemed to work for me on last 3 occasions but still worry what I might lose etc🤞)

·
Registered
214 Posts
My understanding is that the car is stationary ignition off locked and alarmed with windows closed and within wi fi range for SOTA downloads (seemed to work for me on last 3 occasions but still worry what I might lose etc🤞)
That's curious because if I do that the car disconnects from the Home Wi-Fi, so all my updates have come at the end of a journey via 4G in accordance with the process as defined in the first post above "1. Automatic Updates: Whilst Driving..."

·
Registered
EVOQUE P300E SE MARCH 2021
21 Posts
I think you may be confused by the Topix Maintenance schedule, which to my mind is indicating that no SOTA updates will take place for the period when the Servers are down for maintenance. Outside this brief period SOTA updates can take place.
I corrected my previous post because indeed you are right this information on TOPIx indicates rather that during these hours the SOTA cloud will be in maintenance and that outside this period the SOTA service will be functional.
Thank you Bluefire65 for your feedback

On the other hand, it's a shame that we don't know if an update is pending for our car.

Last news on TOPIx web site.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
On the other hand, it's a shame that we don't know if an update is pending for our car.
So far someone has posted news of an update a few days before it comes through to my car, so keep an eye on the forum.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts