Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
what is the boat symbol for at the top right? it looks like a sailing boat ..

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
It is. I have set my profile symbol to a sailing boat.
didn't realise you could have different symbols as I have the old system .. :)

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
I get the same but mine isn’t Pivi it’s the one before can’t remember what they called it, was it Pro Duo or similar.
yours although takes a while to heat up is the best one I think now having had the two of them ;)

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
only thing I noticed was when in apple car play I used voice recognition to make a call and it said no phone was connected ... I then had to use the screen to make the call which when driving isn't that easy to do , also using Waze brings it up on the top screen but not on the drivers screen . Have decided that apple car play isn't what I thought it would it be and now don't use it .. back to Spotify for me..

Reactions: Blackwolf

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
I use the car's voice control and it works fine for making calls, I will say car play it picks up my text messages and reads them out to me which can be funny at times. It also advises me that I have WhatsApp messages but still trying to work out how to get playback.
it works fine for making calls when I'm not in car play but for some reason when connected to car play it just tells ne there is no phone connected.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
Does anyone know how to stop the nav in pivi pro, automatically starting navigating me to a destination?
I just use voice command and stay cancel guidance or cancel satellite navigation ...

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
I've been through all menus and it can't be done ... The roof blind will remember what it was when you were driving .. so if you want it to remain closed keep it closed before you switch off .. and when you next start up it won't open, or vice versa open when you switch off and it will close when you lock but open when you switch on again :) It can however be done on the RR sport as my son can do it ... which is annoying that's the menu I was looking for lol

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
I also could not find the setting. On the Discovery Sport forum i found this info Haven’t tried it however
I found that as well lol .. was going to post it but you beat me to it ... and no `I haven't tried it as I quite like the fact that it shuts when I lock and opens when I get in ... was the same in the last car no way of turning it off there either ... this has popped up before ..

Reactions: PPB

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
I like it too …..That’s why i haven’t tried it. Afraid can’t turn it on again :ROFLMAO:

@4ndy have you tried the link…. I did and still did not see how to disable the auto-close feature
ahhh now I know how to do a reset if it doesn't work ... but I'm not being a guninea pig 😂 slightly different from the ds forum .. but in my guide it shows this ..

The roof blind needs to be reset if the battery is disconnected, becomes discharged, or the power supply is interrupted. The reset procedure is as follows:

1. Start the engine.
  2. With the roof and blind closed, press the roof close switch firmly and hold for approximately 10 seconds. The roof/blind will make an audible click.
  3. Release the switch.
  4. Within 5 seconds, press and hold the roof close switch again. The roof blind and roof blind opening panel will both fully open, then both close. Release the switch once movement is complete.
The panoramic roof/blind can now be operated as normal.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
But that's different, the battery hasn't been disconnected, in the case I am querying.
no that was in case you tried it with the link for the DS forum... it didn't work and needed it back to normal 😂

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
here's a copy to the guide so pick your model , and year and then get back to us when you've found it as I give up ..

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
Thanks, seen that in the iguide & in my hard copy handbook, but its of no help. Just have to accept the blind opening & closing every time I suppose.
if you close it before you switch the engine off it will remember and not open next time .. is that what you wanted?

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
No I would like it to stay in the open position. Every time I turn off the engine it closes, when I turn on the engine it remembers I want it open - so opens. But I consider this an unnecessary wear on the mechanics of the blind & a drain on the battery. Maybe its done for security reasons, but feel sure there must be a way of over riding the auto closing function. Still I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
ahh I see ... I was out in the car today and got hubby to look through every menu as I was driving for a change and nope I'm sorry I missed nothing he couldn't find anything either .. did find the wake word though that's new to me now to work out what to call my car 😂

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
Did that, still pops up each time you start the vehicle.
First world problems 🤣
View attachment 11880
it seems to be stuck on trying to guide to your last destination as though you've never got there ... strange that cancel guidance didn't work .. hmmm sorry don't know what else to suggest..

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,299 Posts
Very strange & annoying.
it must be on the in control pro it just used to work by saying cancel sat nav .... but Pivi Pro seems to have a mind of it's own .. it's a whole new learning curve for me ...

• Haha
Reactions: Blackwolf
1 - 15 of 15 Posts